canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
DC23F8DB-6309-472E-8528-FDBE15BBA3A6.jpeg
I just swapped to soft top from the hard top in my dual-top kit. Latching down the front it does not seem to eliminate daylight until the last second. I see there is a double row of seals and a channel between them with drains... But I can slide a dollar bill between the top and the rubber seal easily. Not looking forward to rain, especially at high speed that will force water in there.
Sponsored

EezyE

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I don’t have this issue. It’s been raining here the last few days and at times it’s been rather hard and I’ve had no leaks.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Mine came with just the soft top and has always been a very nice tight fit. Do you think you have one part that might not be tensioned down just right? I know my Dad's JK soft top sometimes even came loose on a spring and that was enough to cause it to leak till I re-positioned it.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Soft top here also. No gaps or leaks. Check yours for possible adjustments to pull it down more across the front.

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
DC23F8DB-6309-472E-8528-FDBE15BBA3A6.jpeg
I just swapped to soft top from the hard top in my dual-top kit. Latching down the front it does not seem to eliminate daylight until the last second. I see there is a double row of seals and a channel between them with drains... But I can slide a dollar bill between the top and the rubber seal easily. Not looking forward to rain, especially at high speed that will force water in there.
I am also getting ready to take off the hard top and put on the soft top. Any recommendations ? I do not have that cardboard template in the video - attached below.... it seems mine was missing or got thrown away with the box... Do you think that will be an issue for initial installation ? Thanks in advance for any info.

Jeep Gladiator Does your soft top do this? {filename}

Papa_smurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - GATOR
not sure about the gap, but mine does not leak.

Took it through a touchless car wash yesterday....the kind that's basically a bunch of pressure washer nozzles. no leaks.

OP
OP
canyonrat

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am also getting ready to take off the hard top and put on the soft top. Any recommendations ? I do not have that cardboard template in the video - attached below.... it seems mine was missing or got thrown away with the box... Do you think that will be an issue for initial installation ? Thanks in advance for any info.

Yeah the dang template... I threw mine out too because the main soft top box was too big to carry into my basement and it looked like weird packaging. Once you pull the hard top, put the 4 philips screws in not quite tight and then size it to the back of the Jeep itself. Then tighten screws. I used this video and didn't need paper instructions. kudos to Quadratech.

Also be mindful of every little flap of rubber when installing the door surrounds. I just double-checked mine and I had crimped the one in between the front and rear surrounds. Fixed the flap but that did not fix the loose fit of the header rail.

I'll plan to park it in the sun for a couple days this weekend the help things "settle in". I think the rubber weatherstripping on the Jeep itself is just compressed from running hard top for the last 6 months.

OP
OP
canyonrat

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I pulled the little carpet circles off covering the torx that hold on the header latch contact points. Loosened them up and pushed them as far forward as they would go to create more tension then re-tightened. These have a slightly sloppy fit and a big old washer to cover. Now I get full-contact between the soft top and header weatherstripping rubber all across, dollar will not slip in. This was only a couple mm adjustment. We'll have to see if it affects freedom panel fit when I swap back to hard top. Maybe it will eliminate some wind noise with the tighter fit. :)

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
So I pulled the little carpet circles off covering the torx that hold on the header latch contact points. Loosened them up and pushed them as far forward as they would go to create more tension then re-tightened. These have a slightly sloppy fit and a big old washer to cover. Now I get full-contact between the soft top and header weatherstripping rubber all across, dollar will not slip in. This was only a couple mm adjustment. We'll have to see if it affects freedom panel fit when I swap back to hard top. Maybe it will eliminate some wind noise with the tighter fit. :)
I just put my soft top on this evening and I noticed something similar. Did you have any wind noise when driving it? I noticed a bit in mine, I might have to try and make this same adjustment on mine to see how it does.

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just put my soft top on this evening and I noticed something similar. Did you have any wind noise when driving it? I noticed a bit in mine, I might have to try and make this same adjustment on mine to see how it does.
So to follow up I tried adjusting mine like that, but I can still slip a bill in the middle fairly easy. It gets much tighter near the latches

OP
OP
canyonrat

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So to follow up I tried adjusting mine like that, but I can still slip a bill in the middle fairly easy. It gets much tighter near the latches
I also parked in the sun, and squished the front corners of the top down onto the weatherstrip. Also double check your front plastic door surrounds to make sure they are fully seated down near the windshield.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I also parked in the sun, and squished the front corners of the top down onto the weatherstrip. Also double check your front plastic door surrounds to make sure they are fully seated down near the windshield.
I'm pretty sure the door surrounds are seated down fully, but I will double check them. It did get to sit out in the sun yesterday, hopefully that helped some.

robglass

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Computer Stuff....
That trick fixed my latch, would pop open because it didn't have enough pressure. :like:
Sponsored