Sponsored

Door Limiters

Slyboots2313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
What do you all do with the door limiters when removing the doors? I’m referring to the prop that bolts into the door frame, not the limiting strap. They get in the way when I’m trying to hang the doors side-by-side on the wall using the Off-Road Concepts hanging bracket. Does anyone push these back inside the door while storing, what technique do you use to do it, and are there any issues in doing so? I assume not since that’s essentially how they operate when the doors are closed.
Sponsored

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
Dont push them all the way in! Do a search and you'll see the lengthy discussions about how hard it is to get them back out. I store my doors differently and I dont have a problem with them.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Its a pain to get them back out, that being said it is possible and I actually pushed mine in for the summer. Got tired of dealing with that bolt. Makes the door prossess insainly faster now.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Dont push them all the way in! Do a search and you'll see the lengthy discussions about how hard it is to get them back out. I store my doors differently and I dont have a problem with them.
There, I fixed that for you. I made that mistake inadvertently on one door the first time I removed them. Thought I'd never get it back out. Ended up putting the door on, then working a tool in with the door mostly closed so I could get the tip of a longer bolt through the door limiter into the nutsert, then use the Jeep itself to pull the limiter back out. I will say, pulling the doors off my JK is way easier than the JT, both because of that limiter, and because of the (delicate looking) connector that I'm sure will be an expensive repair once I break it. Kudos to Jeep for making lowering the windshield easier, but please do something about those connectors!

OP
OP

Slyboots2313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Appreciate the feedback from you all. I did see the thread on the JL Forum. I think they did a great job designing the JL/JT and improving the JK, so I was a little surprised this hadn’t been thought through. I guess I’ll hang them interior-side-to-the-wall. They don’t sit flush since the limiters protrude and make contact w the adjacent hung door but at least they’re off the ground. I preferred to hang them by the hinges since that’s how they were designed. Small price to pay for the smiles per gallon.

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I just made the mistake of pushing mine in all the way this morning. Was just trying to check fitment of mirrors before I went to work. It was a PITA to get it back on. Ultimately I ended up extending it as far as it would go without much force, and closed the door most of the way and guided the bolt into place and gave it a few twists with the fingers and opened the door back up, that fixed it. After that I just tightened the bolt back up the rest of the way.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I pushed them in for the summer. I looped some 550 cord through them and they come right out when I pull
Good idea. I was wondering what I will be doing to get them back out eventually.

Not having them in has been such a time saver. Had all 4 doors off in under two minutes. And all that time was mostly for my walk to the garage.

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
I tried to push mine in today . I installed SHW offroad seat delete and the doors have to open up further to use the drawers in it. I
Couldn't mine to go in after I took out the door limiter bolt. How So you get them To go in. and when they are in so they hit the door jam
Any? Thanks

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Couldn't mine to go in after I took out the door limiter bolt. How So you get them To go in. and when they are in so they hit the door jam
Any? Thanks
Close the door.

Volt0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM,JTHA
@Slyboots2313 got a pic that you could post? I made a DIY door holder, and they come close to one another on mine, and I just fold that little flat part back against the post.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
For those saying they are hard to get back out, I can assure you they are not. You push them in and out every time you open and close the door. What you're missing is the leverage the door provides if you're struggling.

1. Get paracord

2. Install door stop bolt in truck body, leave a little thread out

3. Wrap paracord around exposed bolt thread

4. Thread paracord through door stop eye

5. Pull paracord tight as you close the door

6. Keep paracord taught as you open the door

Boom, door stops come out with the exact same level of strength it takes to open a car door, aka not much at all.

This is not theory crafting, I've done this successfully on my first gladiator before I traded it in. Day I brought my second gladiator home I pushed the door stops in though and it's been like that for over a year and a half. Will pull them back out if/when it's time to sell.
Sponsored

Last edited: