Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Here is another BIGGE.... real bigge that stumps guys /gals.
It's called Manual Park Release..

IF you ever need to have your automatic tranny JT towed cause of say dead batteries you will need to know this.... unless you want your JT dragged on to a flat bed as it won't come out of park.

This explains it... BUT .... do know that when you pull the orange release tether, you want to listen carefully and only pull til you hear the first audible click.. You hear that click you stop as if you keep going the vehicle will not come out of park...
yy.JPG
Why not just shift the 4x4 lever into N?
Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Do people really buy devices just so they don't have to wear seatbelts?
Some people buy it for that purpose but I do it just for the fact that I like to park dangerously.

OP
OP
Bitching

Bitching

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willy’s
Occupation
Logistics
Do people really buy devices just so they don't have to wear seatbelts?
My company truck has a seat belt monitor that’s activated when the wheels are in motion. Occasionally I’m questioned about not wearing my seat belt. When frequently getting in and out and my truck with very short and non dangerous situations, buckling and unbuckling every time is a bother.

OP
OP
Bitching

Bitching

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willy’s
Occupation
Logistics
Good practice when you buy a vehicle is to RTFM.

Funny, most replying in this thread were not familiar with "Auto Park".

Click this to enlarge so you can read:
autopark info.JPG

$1.50 on eBAY.... defeats auto park...

sb-clip.jpg
I’m ignorantly of a lot of features about this truck. For this most part I just push start and go.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bitching

Bitching

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willy’s
Occupation
Logistics
Was the truck in Park during all of this? I know you usually have to switch it back from Drive to Park for it to get moving again.

This seems like an odd issue if it really does require having to unplug the door...
Backing up with the door open to get closer to the mailbox, was raining, shifted into park, unbuckled the seat belt. When she got back into the truck, she was too close to the mailbox to close the door, did not buckle the seat belt because she was proceeding to the driveway. Never before have we encountered a disengaged seat belt prohibiting drive. Thanks AutoPark.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
BMW had that forever. It's a royal PITA.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
What system prevents vehicle from driving, forward or backwards when the door is open?

My wife comes storming into the house, at the top of her lungs, “truck’s not smarter than me”.

She backed up to the mailbox, opened the driver door to step out to the mail box. When she got back into the truck it would not drive. The problem was after she opened the door, it slightly rolled backwards to the point where the mail box came in between the door and the truck.

Pushing the button to disable the ParkSense did not allow me to drive.

I was able to get out of the situation by unplugging the wires to the door, as if I were to remove the door. I’m smarter than the truck!

Is there a disable button for this? If my wife has to disconnect the wiring I fear she will yank out the wiring housing.
SO, my neighbor had a similiar situation that he backed out into the road between our houses.. I guess he open the door and triggered auto park.. smart guy, with lots of cool toys could not figure out how to get his jeep out of the road... Never seen him so MAD!! the tazer will allow you to disable auto park.. seen this in somebody250(kasey250) videos on youtube

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
What system prevents vehicle from driving, forward or backwards when the door is open?

My wife comes storming into the house, at the top of her lungs, “truck’s not smarter than me”.

She backed up to the mailbox, opened the driver door to step out to the mail box. When she got back into the truck it would not drive. The problem was after she opened the door, it slightly rolled backwards to the point where the mail box came in between the door and the truck.

Pushing the button to disable the ParkSense did not allow me to drive.

I was able to get out of the situation by unplugging the wires to the door, as if I were to remove the door. I’m smarter than the truck!

Is there a disable button for this? If my wife has to disconnect the wiring I fear she will yank out the wiring housing.
This has happened to me:
1] Make sure seatbelt is latched
2] Place the vehicle in park
3] Close the door
4] Shift back to drive
No issues

If the above ever didn't work, I would unplug the door wire as you did.

Sponsored

JetSkiJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2011 Ford Crown Vic (work car), 2020 Mojave Gladiator as of 10-24-20.
Occupation
Retired LE
I use the belt clip-in's on my Mojave as I refuse to wear a seat belt.

20210108_223923.jpg

20210108_223952.jpg

20210108_224018.jpg

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
For the record..... IF, if... you keep light pressure on the brake pedal, you can keep "auto park" from kicking in.

It is mentioned in the overview I posted earlier.... You have to get the pedal pressure just right so you can keep the vehicle moving and auto park not kicking in....

Easier to just buckle the seat belt behind you or use a seat belt clip..... when you need to prevent auto park from kicking in...

Light pressure on the brake pedal is my first goto method if I need to move the JT with a door open a short distance, next is buckle the belt behind me, these are FREE and you already have them.
Sponsored