Sponsored

Driver's side knee panel speaker removal...WTF???

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I put a seal with electrical tape around the edge of the hole where the speaker lays. Helps to seat the speaker.
I'll try that with the replacement as well. Was surprised that the passenger side was completely fine...guess I got lucky.
Sponsored

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator/ 20 AMG GLB 35/ 02 Ranger/ 06 BMW M3
Occupation
Laboratory and Medical Supplies
Anyone run in to trouble putting in the kicker 3.5” in the toll bar? I can seem to get them to fit? Did you guys use the crossover? Even with our the crossover there’s no space for the speaker.

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For what it's worth, I ran into a complication with the Metra pods for the knee speakers. After installing, the passenger side sounded pretty good (with the 6.5" Kickers) - rich, good base response, no rattling, but the driver's side was crap. A noticeable lack in base response, and rattling/airy noises. As best as I can tell, the pod itself had a manufacturing defect and the unit was not sealed well (it's actually two pieces, not a solid piece). Awaiting for a replacement to arrive tomorrow or Tuesday, and hoping that solves the issue.
Did you run into any figment issues with the 3.5” in the toll bar? I can’t get mines to fit. With or without the crossover. Did you have to cut?

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ok. I can kind of jam the 3.5” in the sound bar if I use the harness with no crossover. Are you guys running the 3.5” with or without the supplied crossover?

thanks!!

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Did you run into any figment issues with the 3.5” in the toll bar? I can’t get mines to fit. With or without the crossover. Did you have to cut?
I put the 3.5" crossover in the 4" speaker section, as there is a little nook where it can sit out of the way of the 4" speaker. Then I just ran the wire through the existing hole. No cutting, but it's definitely not a great fit. The speaker terminal panel gets a little bent once you tighten everything down unfortunately, but still works.

Sponsored

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I put the 3.5" crossover in the 4" speaker section, as there is a little nook where it can sit out of the way of the 4" speaker. Then I just ran the wire through the existing hole. No cutting, but it's definitely not a great fit. The speaker terminal panel gets a little bent once you tighten everything down unfortunately, but still works.
I’m sorry to keep pestering you. But where’s the while you ran the wire through?

found it. Lol. Thanks again brother if you’re ever in Miami drinks are on me.

OP
OP
red/green hawk

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Just put Kicker 6 3/4" CS series in the roll bar. I like them. Great speaker but lacks low end bass. Must have sub (which I do). Mids snd highs sound clear and concise if EQ'd correctly. At least 15 channel EQ a must IMO. Happy with it. I have Kicker 3 1/2" KS in the dash and Kicker 6 1/2" DS in the knee panel. Powered by a JBL DSP4086 (40 watts per channel) and it is loud and clear. Everything sounds great.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Just put Kicker 6 3/4" CS series in the roll bar. I like them. Great speaker but lacks low end bass. Must have sub (which I do). Mids snd highs sound clear and concise if EQ'd correctly. At least 15 channel EQ a must IMO. Happy with it. I have Kicker 3 1/2" KS in the dash and Kicker 6 1/2" DS in the knee panel. Powered by a JBL DSP4086 (40 watts per channel) and it is loud and clear. Everything sounds great.
How did you connect the JBL amp? Through a PAC or something? or is there an easier/cheaper harness that will connect it to the stock harness, similar to the maestro ch4?

Sponsored

OP
OP
red/green hawk

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
How did you connect the JBL amp? Through a PAC or something? or is there an easier/cheaper harness that will connect it to the stock harness, similar to the maestro ch4?
I rewired everything though there is a harness somewhere out there but I rewired because the 5" Uconnect speakers run parallel in the front and back on each side.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
I went with the Kicker KS series all around. 3.5 inch in dash, 6.5 inch in knee panels, 3.5 and 4 inch in soundbar. Put in a Kicker Key 200.4 amp to run the speakers. Finally put a Kicker Sub in back running off a Kicker Key 500.1 amp. Couldn't be happier with what I got in the end.
How are you liking that Kicker 200.4 amp? I'm planning to use it to run JL C1 6x9s in the soundbar and JL c2 6.5 in the knee. I have JL C2 3.5 in the dash and going to leave them running off the oem alpine amp.

3ffi3nd

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
How are you liking that Kicker 200.4 amp? I'm planning to use it to run JL C1 6x9s in the soundbar and JL c2 6.5 in the knee. I have JL C2 3.5 in the dash and going to leave them running off the oem alpine amp.
Love the ease of use and set up. Great little amp! Same reasons I ended up going with the 500.1 for the sub. The Kicker Key series is great for my uses. After install just run some tracks you download off the Kicker website and they do all the tuning for you automatically. Very happy with how things have turned out.
Sponsored