Driving characteristics: Different Trim Levels

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
To those of you who have been able to drive two or more of the trim levels of the JT: I'd love to hear your thoughts on how they differed in handling and ride, to what extent, any significant feelings, etc.

I recognize what the different components of each trim SHOULD do; I'm looking for feedback from those who've actually driven them.

On-road, I should say.

Thanks guys and girls.
Sponsored

Krash1642

First Name
C. Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ 7 (Bessie), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Bright White (DJ), 2016 Jeep JK Willy’s (traded for wife to get Ford Focus due to work), 2018 JLU Sahara (Wife’s traded for JT)
Occupation
Teacher
Vehicle Showcase
To those of you who have been able to drive two or more of the trim levels of the JT: I'd love to hear your thoughts on how they differed in handling and ride, to what extent, any significant feelings, etc.

I recognize what the different components of each trim SHOULD do; I'm looking for feedback from those who've actually driven them.

On-road, I should say.

Thanks guys and girls.
I have gotten to drive a rubicon and a sport S with the max tow package (so both with 4.10 gearing). First I'll say that I loved them both! I felt the sport S was a tad bit more peppy, which i guess it should be considering it doesn't weigh as much. They also were both hard tops. As far as how it handled with road feel I personally thought it felt the same. I will get to drive a Sport S with the 3.73 gearing today after work as they just got one in this morning.... and I will Drive an Overland when they get another one in and don't sell it before i get there (which has happened with the last few they have had in). I currently drive a 2018 JLU Sahara on 33"s with 3.45 gearing. I think our Sahara has a lil more pep then both of the Gladiators but I believe that has to do with the gearing as well as the weight... I can't wait to get one!!! Hope this helps some...