First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Here’s my fake Sport S
CA01A96D-1D3C-414A-9744-F92D71F29D2C.jpeg

For Sale. Rubicon hood stickers. Removed at 15 miles. see below for pic. Condition:fair.

E19C5B62-913F-4462-8C2B-3151AEA5C1FC.jpeg
What wheels did you use, looks very nice…
cheers
Sponsored

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Was out on a group drive once when we came up on another group with a Wrangler trying to get past an obstacle holding up the line. We watched as this Wrangler kept struggling to get up a pretty easy climb when we noticed it said Rubicon on its hood. We all yelled out "are both lockers on?" After asking several times the driver said he doesn't have a front locker, we replied "but you have a Rubicon" he said it's just the hood. Everyone in our group started silently laughing. I felt bad for the dude.
I had the same thing happen to me around 8 or so years ago. It was a guys first time on the trail with a nice looking modded Jeep JKU with rubicon stickers. Small lift, tube doors, rick sliders. Looked legit at first glance. However, on the trail he struggled severely having trouble on relatively easy obstacles. Some one had commented that the front wheels weren't spinning, and asked if the driver had it in 4 wheel drive. The driver didn't know how to engage it and assumed it was automatic (he was completely new to 4x4s). Trail guides couldn't find the shifter either. Then someone looked under the front. No Front diff. He had a unicorn 2wd JK that someone slapped a Rubicon sticker on. This poor unsuspecting buyer had no idea he was cheated with his purchase. I don't know for sure , but he was likely embarrassed and I wouldn't doubt it turned him off to this great (money pit) hobby. That's why I'm not a fan of mislabeling a jeep as a different trim. Or if you do, at least remove the stickers before selling it.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
People have been doing fake trims forever. My dad was a car guy back in the 60s and was well-versed in SS packages. We'd see a nice Chevelle and my dad would determine in about 5 seconds that it was a fake. "Wrong hood, those vents came out in '67." Or something like that.

Personally, I think it's stupid for the most part. Yes, you can upgrade a vehicle to match or exceed the performance of the stock trim level and rebadge it.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, if you are going to put a performance level trim sticker on a Jeep, it should have those features. My Sport S has all the performance features of a Willys, but not the black wheels. Still, not going to put a Willys sticker on the hood. I might add the 4-Wheel Drive sticker on the tailgate…🙄
cheers

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
So my jkur the hood stickers are covered over, I have the Willys 4 Wheel Drive sticker on the back, Sahara moulded mud flaps, my red rubi shocks are long gone and I have the other side Hard Rock tow hook and stock rubi wheels in the garage.

My rubi came through low options; tock hood, plastic bumpers, plastic fenders, no leather or nav or climate...

I deeply enjoy having a mutt because all the little cues should just be there once you cross a trim line. I like all the little pieces. The only thing I refuse to splurge on is the hard rock switch pack and gauge clusters, the red looked amazing and the gauge overlay was very classy and sporty but OMFG the prices are bonkers.

If jeep wanted to walk the walk they should open up something similar to MB's Designo & BMW's Individual programs of old. Let me chose a color from the whole Stelantis pallet, let me decide which hood, let me add an aztec eagle to the hood, let me put a white top on a black truck. Ford has already come out and said built to suit is better for everyone so why churn out thousands on thousands of the same blah jeep. The SRT line is going to take a beating shortly so why soften the blow with something like the Dodge Adult Toys of the late 70's and embrace fun and funky style to get everyone looking away from your super homogeneous powertrains and architecture. I can't be the only one who would love an LL Bean plaid interior option... a Carhart duck cloth seat option with matching brown trims... doooo iiittttt!

Shawnu22

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Project Manager
Adding Rubicon decals to a Sport is not something I would do, I have seen a LOT of Rubicon's that the owner doesn't even know they have lockers or sway bar disconnect. I have also seen a lot of Sport models built to do things beyond the capability of a stock Rubicon, or how about the Gladiators with retro Scrambler decals? (I think those are cool looking). At the end of the day, it is your ride and you do with it as you please.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The retro Scrambler look was an option you cou,d add to a Sport at one time, along with a special Florida edition…
Sponsored