First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Well, my wife of 25 years is my partner in life and in business. She is actually the one who suggested that I buy the new truck. I was okay using starting fluid every time with my old truck.
I am sorry if you do not have someone that you trust enough to value their opinions.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Dave-in-RI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GrowMeaningful.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Subaru Outback (trade-in for 4xe Gladiator)
Occupation
Nonprofit Organizational Development Consultant
I always roll my eyes when I see these comments - "my wife told me...", "if my wife approves it..", etc. I mean who is the fucking man in the house, making money, supporting household, providing care and protection. If you do, why would you say something like this? If you can afford it, and you want it, go and buy the damn thing. Bring it home and say, hey baby, look at this new toy I got for us. And of course, she shouldn't be driving an old piece of junk. Everyone is happy and smiling.

No offense to anyone.
This post brought to you by the year 1950…

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Any idea as to when the Build & Price for the 24’s will be online? Think it could happen before the strike is over?

Aj58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mojave X
Any idea as to when the Build & Price for the 24’s will be online? Think it could happen before the strike is over?
rumor had it around the first/second week in October. But we’ll see.

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I take this to mean they are having difficulty hybridizing the JT or want to leapfrog that dev cost and go straight to electric. If this is indeed the case, then my theory of the next JT losing the solid axles may hold - unless a supplier comes up with a motorized-differential axle.

The Wrangler isn't meant to tow or haul in the manner of the JT, hence losing a 1,000lbs of towing is less a competitive hit. The JT of course, having just added a few lbs of towing, has to compete under the towing metric. A heavy battery pack diminishes towing.

There are smart engineers out there who can work these problems I'm sure and I expect they are on it, but the follow on inference is that the next platform will be new from the ground up.
Aren't their EJS all electric concepts solid axle designs. Yeah, I don't think it's an issue.
Sponsored