First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
Occupation
Retired
Last week I installed the rear portion of the EVO 2 1/2” lift. The front springs arrived today. I actually received both the diesel and gas version.
When I did the rear install I added a 3/4” spacer due to concerns of rubbing my 37’s on non Rubicon fenders. I am happy with the look.

Today I initially installed the diesel 2 1/2” springs with a 1/2” spacer. Lowered the truck down and was disappointed in the ride height. I decided to try the gas springs and increase the spacer to 1 1/2” lift. They were about 2 1/2” taller than the diesel laying next to each other.
I gained another 2” and now have a 1 1/2” rake with the rear being higher.

My winch and bumper weight impacted my height more than I expected. I was hoping for 1/2 - 3/4” rake. My question is do I try to get the front higher or remove the rear spacer?
Jeep Gladiator EVO 2 1/2” lift installed. Questions. 5C5E560A-153E-4680-8AC8-95A3452F426F
Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the picture is deceiving, but it looks like the rear is a tad higher than the front judging by the body line under the doors. IMO, I think it looks perfect. I have the EVO springs and they netted me more than the advertised 2.5" on my gas Sport. (I have a 3/4" spacer in the rear, but no winch in front) Makes me rethink my 35's seeing how good your 37's fit.

OP
OP
Abnmarine

Abnmarine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
Occupation
Retired
I appreciate the reply. You are correct with the rear being higher. I’m just wondering if it’s too high. These are my measurements to the fender from the ground.

Evo 2 1/2” Gas springs with 1 1/2” spacer in front, 3/4” in rear with 37” tires

Front 43”
Rear 44 1/4”

Evo Diesel Springs with 1/2” spacer in front, 3/4” in rear with 37” tires

Front 41”
Rear 44 1/4”

Last edited:

mbdiesel

First Name
kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 jeep LJ
how does it ride compared to stock? what shocks did you go with?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
The EVO springs are on the softer side, so, the rear will go down with any weight in it. You really might be exactly where you need to be on height differences. Also, the springs will settle a half inch or so after some articulation. Unless there is a time driven "return" issue, you might want to leave it a while and see how you like it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Abnmarine

Abnmarine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
Occupation
Retired
I am using Fox 2.0 shocks that are for the 3.5-4” lift. This is what they recommended. The ride is better than when the factory setup.

I contacted Evo and they have shipped me their diesel 4.5” front springs. I didn’t want to have to use spacers to get the height that I want so a taller spring is the plan.

The front springs are single rate and the rear are dual. I also added airbags in the rear just in case it isn’t level when towing.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I am using Fox 2.0 shocks that are for the 3.5-4” lift. This is what they recommended. The ride is better than when the factory setup.

I contacted Evo and they have shipped me their diesel 4.5” front springs. I didn’t want to have to use spacers to get the height that I want so a taller spring is the plan.

The front springs are single rate and the rear are dual. I also added airbags in the rear just in case it isn’t level when towing.
Sounds like you did the right thing to me.

OP
OP
Abnmarine

Abnmarine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
Occupation
Retired
I just swapped the front springs with their diesel 4.5” springs. I’m getting good as it only took me an hour to complete it.

Now my fenders sit level with both front and rear being at 44 1/2” tall. We go camping Monday and I’ll inflate the rear airbags and hope we stay level. We have a small RPod camper so it’s nothing too heavy.

I will say that Evo’s springs combined with the Fox 2.0 shocks give a really nice ride. I couldn’t ask for more.
Sponsored