First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
Well, being Jeep builder and shop owner I like it, just wondering is it a Demo Jeep (prob so) or a serious contender on the trails (I did not build Demo Jeeps).

So my first 2 questions are what engine and what axle sets to spin and support 40's...
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Well, being Jeep builder and shop owner I like it, just wondering is it a Demo Jeep (prob so) or a serious contender on the trails (I did not build Demo Jeeps).

It has Ultimate Dana 60s with 5.13 gears from what I remember. More than enough to comfortably run 40s with the 8 speed trans.
So my first 2 questions are what engine and what axle sets to spin and support 40's...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Looks awesome as a show truck, which is what it is. As a daily use truck it would absolutely suck. You'll look like a total idiot climbing up and down that thing every day as it would be super impractical. But it looks badass.
define show truck?

there's many videos on youtube of that truck going over some pretty big rock walls, looks like the guy just before me posted several.

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
define show truck?

there's many videos on youtube of that truck going over some pretty big rock walls, looks like the guy just before me posted several.
I guess I mean, not a daily use vehicle. Not necessarily "show", which is typically a SEMA or similar car. I don't think this thing makes a realistic daily driver. But it wasn't meant for that anyway. I think many of the members here are planning to daily the JT and although almost all of us are going to mod it in one way or another, I think most of the mods are going to keep it daily-worthy.

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Aloha Everyone,

Just found this on another forum, what do you all think?

56523127_10213439874256763_7347162556244426752_o.jpg
Did you see it all finished, rock crawling in Moab, at the Easter Jeep Safari? It kicked butt! ;{

Sponsored

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Looks awesome as a show truck, which is what it is. As a daily use truck it would absolutely suck. You'll look like a total idiot climbing up and down that thing every day as it would be super impractical. But it looks badass.
Mel designed it for the “Overlanding” crowd... off-roading, pop up roof tent, gear hauling, etc... EVO sells all the parts (bolt on) to do this build. ;{

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I guess I mean, not a daily use vehicle. Not necessarily "show", which is typically a SEMA or similar car. I don't think this thing makes a realistic daily driver. But it wasn't meant for that anyway. I think many of the members here are planning to daily the JT and although almost all of us are going to mod it in one way or another, I think most of the mods are going to keep it daily-worthy.
Fair Enough. i guess a show car in the truck world could be "dedicated crawler mobile". Yeah I would kill for one of those BAJA 1000 trucks, what are they called? Trophy trucks? But yeah, daily driver not for me, lol.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
I watched the videos on it. The idea was to show people that you can take a base sport or sport S and build a rig as good or better than a loaded rubicon for nearly the same cost (all at once or over a few months/years). I think the truck is awesome (obviously not a DD). [Banned Site] has some good videos of it in action too.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I watched the videos on it. The idea was to show people that you can take a base sport or sport S and build a rig as good or better than a loaded rubicon for nearly the same cost (all at once or over a few months/years). I think the truck is awesome (obviously not a DD). [Banned Site] has some good videos of it in action too.
If you consider $10k worth of axles the same cost as a Rubicon...

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
They bought a base model Sport and added around 30K in aftermarket parts. Comes out to close to the same price as a loaded Rubicon.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
You can't (shouldn't) run 40's on stock Rubicon axles so why pay for Rubicon equipment if you are just removing it.
Sponsored