First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500, 2001 Audi TT
Occupation
Aeronautical Radio Operator
Yeah that's exactly what I was afraid of happening.
My issue is, I only found a Steel Bumper rear harness with the Rear Sensors & w/Rear Fog... (My truck never came with Rear Sensors) So I don't have the holes in my steel factory bumper which I suppose I could drill out if need be...
But mainly I'm in the same boat trying to figure out what I'd have to do to get the rear fogs to work.
I have the Part Number for both L/R Rear Fogs, Front/Rear Fog Switch and Wire Harness for Rear Steel bumper...
I was going to buy the items required for JScan. But If I can't even get the Hardware to connect properly as intended for EU I'd be upset.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yeah that's exactly what I was afraid of happening.
My issue is, I only found a Steel Bumper rear harness with the Rear Sensors & w/Rear Fog... (My truck never came with Rear Sensors) So I don't have the holes in my steel factory bumper which I suppose I could drill out if need be...
But mainly I'm in the same boat trying to figure out what I'd have to do to get the rear fogs to work.
I have the Part Number for both L/R Rear Fogs, Front/Rear Fog Switch and Wire Harness for Rear Steel bumper...
I was going to buy the items required for JScan. But If I can't even get the Hardware to connect properly as intended for EU I'd be upset.
Yeah that’s the boat I’m in. I actually only got the JSCAN for this reason, but I might have to hard wire it to my AUX switch. But still trying to see what I can do to make it work.

YAABUGGN

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah that’s the boat I’m in. I actually only got the JSCAN for this reason, but I might have to hard wire it to my AUX switch. But still trying to see what I can do to make it work.
I hope you keep us posted. I'm dying to figure it out... Perhaps you'll need to order more of the harness besides just the bumper part?

YAABUGGN

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@AllMoparParts.com
Is there more harness from the rear bumper that might have to be also changed heading up towards the ECU module or something that we also might need to change out for the EU Spec Foglights. Read above if you can. Plenty of information

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I hope you keep us posted. I'm dying to figure it out... Perhaps you'll need to order more of the harness besides just the bumper part?
From looking underneath the truck, the rear bumper harness plugs into a pigtail that is attached to the main rear harness of the truck. Honestly don’t think I want to change the entire rear harness to get the fog lamps to work. But I’m going to do some digging to try and figure it out. Sucks as I had pig tails and I could have just wired this up separately and ran them to an aux switch had I known.

Sponsored

windyridge89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingray Gladiator Maxtow
Thank you,

so if I understand correctly, the door harness has the turn signal wire, but you need to add the export jumper?
Also the main vehicle/body connector at the door is missing pin 7 ?
I’ll have to double check my door connector to see if it is the same. Do you have any pictures of your harness to compare too ?
Yes that is correct. The jumper has to be changed out and depending on if your truck came with proximity door sensors your door harness may of may not have the signal wire. I have attached Male side (body) with pin location so you can check yours out.
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator xy600a male

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
ah this really helps, I ordered my truck with the remote proximity so hopefully that means I have it as well. I’ll have to check and see. And order the jumper. Do you have a diagram of where the jumper hooks up too ?

Also where did you get the diagrams from ? It might help me figuring out what I need to do to get the rear fog lamps working.

Yes that is correct. The jumper has to be changed out and depending on if your truck came with proximity door sensors your door harness may of may not have the signal wire. I have attached Male side (body) with pin location so you can check yours out.
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator xy600a male

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
@JTRUBI I have a few japanese cars (subaru + mazda) and one VW. They all have amber rear and side mirror signals. In my VW the side turn signal actually saved me when I was new to driving when I thought I was in a dual right turn and the person on my right was going straight. Only worked because he was paying attention.

The american standard, no amber lights is terrible.
Reminds me of

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
@JTRUBI I have a few japanese cars (subaru + mazda) and one VW. They all have amber rear and side mirror signals. In my VW the side turn signal actually saved me when I was new to driving when I thought I was in a dual right turn and the person on my right was going straight. Only worked because he was paying attention.

The american standard, no amber lights is terrible.
Reminds me of
Haha. Honestly I used to always paint my ambers red on my old cars but now I prefer ambers. Hate that it doesn’t come stock like that here. It’s a pain with other cars on the road you can’t tell sometimes if someone is turning. Not noticeable enough.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
Anybody find the part number for the rear amber tail lights/turn signals?

windyridge89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingray Gladiator Maxtow
ah this really helps, I ordered my truck with the remote proximity so hopefully that means I have it as well. I’ll have to check and see. And order the jumper. Do you have a diagram of where the jumper hooks up too ?

Also where did you get the diagrams from ? It might help me figuring out what I need to do to get the rear fog lamps working.
Connector diagrams and part number can be found at http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm
Also search for a post on the Full JL Wiring diagrams has lots of information unfortunately the rear fogs are not included

YAABUGGN

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
From looking underneath the truck, the rear bumper harness plugs into a pigtail that is attached to the main rear harness of the truck. Honestly don’t think I want to change the entire rear harness to get the fog lamps to work. But I’m going to do some digging to try and figure it out. Sucks as I had pig tails and I could have just wired this up separately and ran them to an aux switch had I known.
Keep me posted brother. I’m dying to do this.
I love EU spec. Mainly because I’m jealous we don’t get it here in NA.
I’m dying for it all to work.
Would be great to make it work with the Mopar Factory rear fog switch also
Sponsored