First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Actually haven't tried any other solutions yet.... was waiting for you to figure this one out haha
Haha. My issue is that is -15 here and snowing like every day and I work 6 days a week lol. I might have some time on the weekend to play around with it. Lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
hey man,

so the weather is getting warmer and I think I have som e time to mess around with this now. With how you did it in this video, how did you get the rear brake lights to work separate from the Amber signal and what was the issue that prevented it from continuing to work ?

Just trying to figure out what I need to focus on my end to get this working.

Just a little preview while I finish working the kinks out with Jscan. Still get some hyperblinking.

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
hey man,

so the weather is getting warmer and I think I have som e time to mess around with this now. With how you did it in this video, how did you get the rear brake lights to work separate from the Amber signal and what was the issue that prevented it from continuing to work ?

Just trying to figure out what I need to focus on my end to get this working.
So that test was me going to "Modules > Body Controller > Activations" which is different then "adaptations" as the activations is more of a test. This is what I tried to tell JSCAN as there has to be a setting we are missing bc the testing works but not when I actually use the turn signal, I get the hyper blinking.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
so basically yours works but it’s hyper blinking ?
Did you check to see if it actually is hyper blinking ?

So a couple things here, mine hyper blinking inside but from the outside the flash at the regular rate.
Also my set I ordered by accident I sold it to a buddy who has a sport s with the factory halogens. We just installed in and it works with no error codes (mind you only the red signals no ambers)

but what I’m thinking is maybe change the settings to export but non led lighting and it should get rid of the hyper blinking and the taillight out warning.

So that test was me going to "Modules > Body Controller > Activations" which is different then "adaptations" as the activations is more of a test. This is what I tried to tell JSCAN as there has to be a setting we are missing bc the testing works but not when I actually use the turn signal, I get the hyper blinking.

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
so basically yours works but it’s hyper blinking ?
Did you check to see if it actually is hyper blinking ?

So a couple things here, mine hyper blinking inside but from the outside the flash at the regular rate.
Also my set I ordered by accident I sold it to a buddy who has a sport s with the factory halogens. We just installed in and it works with no error codes (mind you only the red signals no ambers)

but what I’m thinking is maybe change the settings to export but non led lighting and it should get rid of the hyper blinking and the taillight out warning.
so your amber is blinking at a regular rate but hyper flashing inside?

My red (top) works fine which is how its currently configured. I have no errors and no hyper blinking this way
My amber 100% hyper flashes but I do have morimoto turns up front, not sure if 100% related or not. (bc of this, i just set it back to using reds only)

I've literally tried at least 25 different combinations of settings and nothing lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hmm.

so how did you wire up the Amber signal to work, I might try and rig it up and see what I can do and if it works without the hype flash.

so your amber is blinking at a regular rate but hyper flashing inside?

My red (top) works fine which is how its currently configured. I have no errors and no hyper blinking this way
My amber 100% hyper flashes but I do have morimoto turns up front, not sure if 100% related or not. (bc of this, i just set it back to using reds only)

I've literally tried at least 25 different combinations of settings and nothing lol

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hmm.

so how did you wire up the Amber signal to work, I might try and rig it up and see what I can do and if it works without the hype flash.
I had the amber wired directly to the BCM. Its the "combined adaptation" setting that changes it.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I had the amber wired directly to the BCM. Its the "combined adaptation" setting that changes it.
Ok sounds good. Gonna try it this week. We have some warm days coming.
Hopefully I can figure it out.

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Tried it again, this time using the tazer (doesn't tell you the exact settings its changing) but just coverts tails from US to EU. Still the same out come tho, hyperflashing on the amber turn.

Talking with Tazer now it sounds like they have had people successfully do the swap.

Last edited:

YAABUGGN

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500, 2001 Audi TT
Occupation
Aeronautical Radio Operator
Tried it again, this time using the tazer (doesn't tell you the exact settings its changing) but just coverts tails from US to EU. Still the same out come tho, hyperflashing on the amber turn.

Talking with Tazer now it sounds like they have had people successfully do the swap.
I currently have a mostly stock JT with the LED pkg.
I also own a TazerJL. I can try to see what happens when I put mine in EU tail light mode to see what happens with the OEM lights and see if I get the hyperflash

Sponsored

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I currently have a mostly stock JT with the LED pkg.
I also own a TazerJL. I can try to see what happens when I put mine in EU tail light mode to see what happens with the OEM lights and see if I get the hyperflash
There's also an extra wire on the euros that gets wired to the BCM, so I don't think trying that with US tails would narrow anything down for us, but fresh idea's are always welcomed, thanks

MartinIT

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
casaalgarrobo.eu
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I am super interested in getting this conversion accomplished as well. I am getting US OEM tail LEDs (part of Active Safety Group with blind spot monitoring and rear park assist) and want to convert them to Euro LEDs. My truck will be exported to Euro in 8 months.
It appears that the programming is the main culprit now. have you guys tried enabling/disabling the options indicated in the JScan's step-by-step - http://jscan.net/jeep-wrangler-jl-light-conversion-us-eu-specification/?
Also, has anyone seen Euro complient tail LEDs that are blacked out (like the Oracle ones but with red stop and amber turn)?

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I am super interested in getting this conversion accomplished as well. I am getting US OEM tail LEDs (part of Active Safety Group with blind spot monitoring and rear park assist) and want to convert them to Euro LEDs. My truck will be exported to Euro in 8 months.
It appears that the programming is the main culprit now. have you guys tried enabling/disabling the options indicated in the JScan's step-by-step - http://jscan.net/jeep-wrangler-jl-light-conversion-us-eu-specification/?
Also, has anyone seen Euro complient tail LEDs that are blacked out (like the Oracle ones but with red stop and amber turn)?
I believe I tried most of that... didn't know that guide was there but it's nice to have. I worked with JSCAN directly for a week or so as well and he ended up telling me that he did the euro conversion but not with the OEM euro tails. I stopped troubleshooting as it was cold out and jscan kinda went MIA but I'll do some more investigation soon.

MartinIT

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
casaalgarrobo.eu
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
The steps listed in JScan 1-2-3 seem super intuitive:
  • Combined Rear Lightning On/Off -> Off - makes sense
  • Rear Turn Lamps Output Present -> On - makes sense
I hope they'll do the trick.
What wire gage do you guys use to connect 5th connector in the Euro tail lights to the BCM?

Is there an option in the JScan to dump the content of the programming to a file to check the options. Maybe getting this dump from the Euro truck and comparing it with the US dump file would give us the delta pointing to the desired setup.

I am picking up my truck in June and will have till February to convert the tail lights. During that time I'll be in the US for two months so hopefully we'll figure this out by then.

MartinIT

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
casaalgarrobo.eu
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Another question.
The Australian JT owner posted the image of his LED tail lamp connector and it had 11 wires on. 5 are used by the blind spot/cross detection/proximity sensor (according to Oracle's video on moving the sensor between the lamps). 5 are used for the LEDs themselves:
  1. running
  2. reverse
  3. turn
  4. brake
  5. negative
what is the 11th used for?
does anyone know? Are there Jeep's diagrams of the connectors available on the Internet?
Cheers guys
Sponsored