Sponsored

Factory All-Weathers v. the Mud tires

Campo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler, 2014 Mustang GT, 2020 Sting Grey JT (being built)
Interesting when I order my JT I ordered the A/T tires and build sheet and window sticker say Bridgestone Dueler. Are all the A/Ts now Falken?
Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Interesting when I order my JT I ordered the A/T tires and build sheet and window sticker say Bridgestone Dueler. Are all the A/Ts now Falken?
The Falken's are for Rubicon. Sports get different tires I believe.

PUGLIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, SSMT
Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

they are a hybrid AT lugs on the inside smooth highway and are not loud. MT on the outside for trails and off road. Unless you’re crawling rocks regularly or just want the look of a MT these tires are the best you can get.

they last forever if you properly rotate every 5k and especially if your 5 wheel rotating. I’ve got 70k on them and still have 1/3rd tread.
Best Tire I have ever had on my JKU. I would imagine they will perform better with the JT

OP
OP
Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

they are a hybrid AT lugs on the inside smooth highway and are not loud. MT on the outside for trails and off road. Unless you’re crawling rocks regularly or just want the look of a MT these tires are the best you can get.

they last forever if you properly rotate every 5k and especially if your 5 wheel rotating. I’ve got 70k on them and still have 1/3rd tread.
Best Tire I have ever had on my JKU. I would imagine they will perform better with the JT
The Nitto Ridge Grapplers sound great, but are you saying those are the ATs that come on Rubicons from the factory now, not the Falkens?

Called my sales guys back yesterday. Asked him again what AT tires are on the Rubicons on the lot right now. He said he'd ask his Service Manager and get back to me.

He also 'didn't think' the Rubicon Gladiators come with a full-size AT spare, unless you special ordered one thru the Parts Dept.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
The Nitto Ridge Grapplers sound great, but are you saying those are the ATs that come on Rubicons from the factory now, not the Falkens?

Called my sales guys back yesterday. Asked him again what AT tires are on the Rubicons on the lot right now. He said he'd ask his Service Manager and get back to me.

He also 'didn't think' the Rubicon Gladiators come with a full-size AT spare, unless you special ordered one thru the Parts Dept.
Dude you need a better dealer that guy is a waste of time.

The choice of tires for the new Gladiator truck are Falken’s WILDPEAK A/T AT3W, sized LT285/70R17 (116/113Q-rating) as standard fitment, while also available will be the LT285/70R17 (116/113Q) WILDPEAK M/T (Mud Terrain).
AND THEY ALL COME WITH A FULL-SIZE MATCHING SPARE TIRE!!!! on a steel rim tho the tire matches not the rim.

Sponsored

PUGLIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, SSMT

The Nitto’s are not the AT tires that come w/ the Rubicon. Falken’s are the ones that come with it. If your not getting a full size spare you need to talk to your sales guy.

OP
OP
Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude you need a better dealer that guy is a waste of time.
No doubt. LOL.

My sales guy said the Service Manager 'wasn't sure' what make of ATs are coming standard on the Rubicons now ... Quote was: 'the factory changes shit up weekly and we don't know 'til they hit the lot.'

AND THEY ALL COME WITH A FULL-SIZE MATCHING SPARE TIRE!!!! on a steel rim tho the tire matches not the rim.
Wut? ... 'Tho the tire matches not the rim'?

Dude, are you saying the factory doesn't put the spare Falken AT tire on the same rim (wheel) as the other four tires? That sounds soooo pants-over-head retarded.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Sounds like them saving a buck. At least be happy we get a full size spare. Some vehicles just come with a spray can of Fixaflat

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
No doubt. LOL.

My sales guy said the Service Manager 'wasn't sure' what make of ATs are coming standard on the Rubicons now ... Quote was: 'the factory changes shit up weekly and we don't know 'til they hit the lot.'

Dude, are you saying the factory doesn't put the spare Falken AT tire on the same rim (wheel) as the other four tires? That sounds soooo pants-over-head retarded.
That is what he's saying and it is correct.

It will have 4 aluminum alloy wheels on the ground and a black painted steel wheel for a spare

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
No doubt. LOL.

I am not sure I know of any pickup truck with the spare under the bed that comes with a matching rim on the spare. Every one I have ever owned has a steel wheel. The wranglers come with a matching spare because it is out there for every one to see.

Sponsored

PUGLIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, SSMT
No doubt. LOL.

Just be proactive and by 5 rims so you can rotate 5 way and get more mileage out of your tires. Most of us are gonna rack mount the spare anyways. That way when you upgrade from the 33’s(which will come) you already have the 5th rim for the spare

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
My overland came with the duelers. They are now laying in my cabana house looking for a new home.

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Just be proactive and by 5 rims so you can rotate 5 way and get more mileage out of your tires. Most of us are gonna rack mount the spare anyways. That way when you upgrade from the 33’s(which will come) you already have the 5th rim for the spare
I totally agree. Now that I got a set of LE takeoffs I need to find a 5th rim so I can do a full rotation. When the spare stays locked in place for ever and a day when you actually need a spare you find out it's stuck in place, the air pressure is low, etc. Plus by doing a 5 wheel rotation you aren't forced to change your tire twice when you get a flat.

OP
OP
Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Nitto’s are not the AT tires that come w/ the Rubicon. Falken’s are the ones that come with it. If your not getting a full size spare you need to talk to your sales guy.
Yeah, I'll do that when he gets back in town.

My guy's an older retired dude and so only works there part-time. That explains why he really doesn't care about not being up on the latest factory tweak to the product specs. Nice fellow, though. I bought a Challenger from him a few years back.

He's gone til next Weds anyway. Fishing and then deer hunting - 'redneck shit,' as he calls it. Guess some folks still do that.

Rebornfungus

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Could save the money and skip the Rubicon all together since you don't need any of it's features
I did what this guy said. I liked the Rubicon height/look. But not ever going to hard core mud or rock climb and didn’t need the added features. Never did in any of my other trucks. Just needed a new truck. You can always lift or add a leveling kit later on a Sport S plus bigger tires. Check that you’ll actually use the added features on the Rubicon for the price diff. But hey, if price/cost is no matter. Rubicon away and just have 2 sets of rims/tires and swap ‘em as needed with a jack in yer driveway.
Sponsored