Factory Towing Harness Location

Dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
Super dumb question, I know I saw a picture of it posted here before but can’t get it to come up with the search function...

Does anyone have a handy picture of the under-dash harness hookup for a brake controller? I have a Sport S w/ Max Tow so I know it should be under my dash, but I can’t find it. Everything under there looks pretty much in place, bundled up, and secured.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a picture, but I just did mine last week. It's on the left side, either near the clutch pedal, or where one would be if you had one. If you look under there, it's a gray plug, it will be hard to see because it's pointing upwards, towards the top of the dash with a black harness going into it.

OP
OP
Dwosgood

Dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
I don't have a picture, but I just did mine last week. It's on the left side, either near the clutch pedal, or where one would be if you had one. If you look under there, it's a gray plug, it will be hard to see because it's pointing upwards, towards the top of the dash with a black harness going into it.
Ahh nice. Thanks! I’ll check again later today

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh nice. Thanks! I’ll check again later today
Not sure if it helps or if you already got it, but here’s a couple terrible pictures I got by stuffing my phone under the dash this evening. The part on the left with the green and orange wires is the factory plug, the part on the right is my controller harness.

3D0B3FCD-FCFC-444D-9C52-AED4F2CDFCB0.jpeg
C665A101-E200-48D2-8E2A-ABBBCB38849F.jpeg
FC848ACC-99E9-4F7B-A6B5-37348248654F.jpeg

Gecko-JKU

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Gone but not forgotten), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Toyota 4 Runner
From what I've seen, if you reach up behind the ODB II sensor you should be able to feel it.

Sponsored

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
My Soirt S with standard tow package has the brake controller harness/connector in in also, left side dash behind headlight switches.
Cheers

AkBooman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Retired
I know this is an older post…. But this was a pain in the back side!! Like other things on this Ecodiesel, the plug was tucked way up and taped (excessively!!) to some module. When I removed the kick panel (under the steering wheel) the EVT module and harness popped to the floor!! What a pain!!
Sponsored