Sponsored

DocMcStuffins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Looks great! Perfect for me would be one that would "barely" be over the roofline of the hardtop at the front, be able to convert/accomodate a full-size rack/RTT mounting point, and still work with the OEM hard tri-fold tonneau cover. Needless to say, "I still... haven't found... what I'm looking for..." Can you make one??? :CWL: đź‘Ť

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I want one that bolts to the rails on my BAKFlip x4s tonneau cover. Is that possible?

AwesomeDad

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon Diesel, VW Passat gas
Occupation
Yes
Does this work with the factory roll up tonneau cover?

Gladiator2919

First Name
Rand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT geek
I got this. Couldn't quite figure out the install with Teraflex Rails, but found some guys who could get it on, get it wired to the tailgate brake light and it LOOKS awesome.

Then, the need for a Tonneau cover arose, which everything I read says this is compatible with.

I have had a very difficult time finding exactly which Tonneau cover they think they're compatible with on a 2022 Gladiator. I called support and they said that what they meant was it was compatible with an "inside the bed, soft rollup cover". I said, ok, which one? They said they didn't have one. I said, fine, so which one outside of you is it compatible with? They had no suggestions there either.

I realize my install is slightly different being with rails and all, so it's very possible that without rails you could find a good option this would work with, but most of those tonneau's will introduce their own set of rails, bringing a new set of problems. Option 2 would be something that mounts to the existing rails -- which can't happen with this roll bar. Option 3 would be something that goes on top of all of it -- but most of those are "clamp" style installs which this prohibits (at least with existing rails -- I could imagine a world where clamp style mounts work with this if you chose the non-rail install, but even then, you'd have their bolts protruding to the inside of the truck bed and that would prevent a flush mount)

All in all, I'm at a loss for how get this tonneau compatible roll bar to work with any tonneau cover I can find -- even if I was willing to lose my rails. Very possible I'm missing something that would make something work -- but, I did call their customer support and hung up with no more options than I could find before I called.

It does look cool though! And it did work with my rails, after I paid someone $200 to interpret the 1 x .5 inch diagram provided in the Blackhorse installation instructions for vehicles with utility rails -- but, honestly between the cost of this PLUS the (so far imagined) cost of whatever tonneau might work here if I was smarter, I'd have just gotten a truck bed cap instead.

Bottom line, if this is compatible with any tonneau cover, it's only under very specific circumstances which even Black Horse customer support is unfamiliar with...

Sponsored

AwesomeDad

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon Diesel, VW Passat gas
Occupation
Yes
I got this. Couldn't quite figure out the install with Teraflex Rails, but found some guys who could get it on, get it wired to the tailgate brake light and it LOOKS awesome.

Then, the need for a Tonneau cover arose, which everything I read says this is compatible with.

I have had a very difficult time finding exactly which Tonneau cover they think they're compatible with on a 2022 Gladiator. I called support and they said that what they meant was it was compatible with an "inside the bed, soft rollup cover". I said, ok, which one? They said they didn't have one. I said, fine, so which one outside of you is it compatible with? They had no suggestions there either.

I realize my install is slightly different being with rails and all, so it's very possible that without rails you could find a good option this would work with, but most of those tonneau's will introduce their own set of rails, bringing a new set of problems. Option 2 would be something that mounts to the existing rails -- which can't happen with this roll bar. Option 3 would be something that goes on top of all of it -- but most of those are "clamp" style installs which this prohibits (at least with existing rails -- I could imagine a world where clamp style mounts work with this if you chose the non-rail install, but even then, you'd have their bolts protruding to the inside of the truck bed and that would prevent a flush mount)

All in all, I'm at a loss for how get this tonneau compatible roll bar to work with any tonneau cover I can find -- even if I was willing to lose my rails. Very possible I'm missing something that would make something work -- but, I did call their customer support and hung up with no more options than I could find before I called.

It does look cool though! And it did work with my rails, after I paid someone $200 to interpret the 1 x .5 inch diagram provided in the Blackhorse installation instructions for vehicles with utility rails -- but, honestly between the cost of this PLUS the (so far imagined) cost of whatever tonneau might work here if I was smarter, I'd have just gotten a truck bed cap instead.

Bottom line, if this is compatible with any tonneau cover, it's only under very specific circumstances which even Black Horse customer support is unfamiliar with...
Well that doesn’t sound very promising…

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
I don’t think it will work with the mopar soft tonneau. I reached out to their customer service with no response to that question.
Sponsored