Threads
Reaction score
Website
kentuckyhotwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1968 VW Beetle
Occupation
IT Engineer
Did you ever hook-up the 3rd brake light provided in top of roll bar ? I ran provided wiring inside roll bar and now just have it tied off. Is there a location to best connect to existing brake light wiring ? I just finished install on my 2021 Gladiator High Altitude and looks terrific. I also have a hard Tonneau Mopar factory installed cover unit, and the Black Horse special bracket provided w/ their Part # RB09BK looks and works good. I can fold back two full panels on Tonneau cover, and just needed to buy 1' long strap extenders to secure cover in that position, with cover resting against roll bar posts (rubber part of cover is there so it doesn't scratch roll bar). You need someone w/ very small hands to install front-rear end cover M6 bolts.
I should have a pic of where I connected everything in this video..very simple..

Sponsored

baily_789

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Marketing Technology
Can someone post photos of the roll bar with the tonneau folded up? I have the Mopar tri-fold and am curious what it looks like folded up.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Can someone post photos of the roll bar with the tonneau folded up? I have the Mopar tri-fold and am curious what it looks like folded up.
I have the Black Horse Classic roll bar and a Gator Tri-Fold - I'm only able to flip back the first of the three sections.

The length of the roll bar bracket blocks the 2nd panel from lifting up / folding back.

It's not ideal, but hasn't proven to be a massive inconvenience either - if I'm going to need the full bed I just remove the tonneau anyways and it only takes ~3 minutes.

If someone has found a tonneau that is fully compatible with the brackets I'd be interested in seeing that.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I will tomorrow morning. I have the Rugged Ridge premium twill that matches the uplevel soft top. I can fold 2 sections up and use the straps on the cover to secure it to the roll bar.

Sponsored

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
I will tomorrow morning. I have the Rugged Ridge premium twill that matches the uplevel soft top. I can fold 2 sections up and use the straps on the cover to secure it to the roll bar.
Is that this one here?
https://ruggedridge.com/p/rugged-ridge-armis-soft-folding-tonneau-cover/v/jeep/gladiator/

From the pictures, it does look like the third panel (the one closest to the cab) is longer than the other two. Id really like to see the pictures if and when you have the time, thank you.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Is that this one here?
https://ruggedridge.com/p/rugged-ridge-armis-soft-folding-tonneau-cover/v/jeep/gladiator/

From the pictures, it does look like the third panel (the one closest to the cab) is longer than the other two. Id really like to see the pictures if and when you have the time, thank you.
Sorry for the delay. Here you go. And yes, that's the one. Holy cow they have gotten expensive. I got mine on Amazon for I think either $459 or $499 back in Oct 2020.
Todd
Jeep Gladiator Black Horse Roll Bar Installed Tonneau cover folded up 1
Jeep Gladiator Black Horse Roll Bar Installed Tonneau cover folded up 2

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Sorry for the delay. Here you go. And yes, that's the one. Holy cow they have gotten expensive. I got mine on Amazon for I think either $459 or $499 back in Oct 2020.
Todd
No worries! Thanks for taking the time to get some pictures for us.

baily_789

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Marketing Technology
Thanks for the photos! I'm probably going to put my tonneau back on. Was debating getting a soft roll top that I might be able to fully remove, but I think the need for that will be rare. And I love the look with the bars on!

baily_789

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Marketing Technology
Update, I I have the Mopar tonneau cover on with the Black Horse roll bar. Getting the frame to fit over the roll bar brackets was dicey, but ultimately fine. Getting the tonneau on to the brackets was another story. It was pretty difficult to get it pushed all the way up through/past the roll bars. I'll post some pictures of what it looks like both open and closed.

Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great!

Astoten

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Can someone please tell me how they actually connected this to their bed?? The instructions say, “Assemble roll bar with base on the truck with standard parts 15,16,18, and 31”. This is the C clamps. Is this really just a messy matter of cramming these things up under the lip and cramping it dow??

AA425ADA-B112-4C43-9A8A-E96ECDC56212.jpeg

Glad-I8er

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Can someone please tell me how they actually connected this to their bed?? The instructions say, “Assemble roll bar with base on the truck with standard parts 15,16,18, and 31”. This is the C clamps. Is this really just a messy matter of cramming these things up under the lip and cramping it dow??

Jeep Gladiator Black Horse Roll Bar Installed AA425ADA-B112-4C43-9A8A-E96ECDC56212
Completely agree, I would love some more pictures of the install and wiring of this rack. I love the way it looks, but the instructions are seriously lacking. This will be my first mod to my gladiator and I admittedly need a hand up.
Sponsored