Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Completely agree, I would love some more pictures of the install and wiring of this rack. I love the way it looks, but the instructions are seriously lacking. This will be my first mod to my gladiator and I admittedly need a hand up.
To be honest with you, the only reason why I ordered the trail rail system is I knew before I ordered my gladiator I wanted this roll bar and the instructions online showed how easy it mounted with 3 bolts into the trail rail adaptors and it was a easy mount.
I admit, I'm not sure how this system mounts to a bed without the trail rail system.
My cousin has this bar on his ford ranger with no bed rail system, so I'll head over and try and get some pics on how his is mounted the clamps to the bed lip.
Todd
Sponsored

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
To be honest with you, the only reason why I ordered the trail rail system is I knew before I ordered my gladiator I wanted this roll bar and the instructions online showed how easy it mounted with 3 bolts into the trail rail adaptors and it was a easy mount.
I admit, I'm not sure how this system mounts to a bed without the trail rail system.
My cousin has this bar on his ford ranger with no bed rail system, so I'll head over and try and get some pics on how his is mounted the clamps to the bed lip.
Todd
Hi Todd. Did you ever get a chance to see how your cousin has his installed? I'm curious since I don't have the trail rail on the Gladiator that I ordered.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Todd. Did you ever get a chance to see how your cousin has his installed? I'm curious since I don't have the trail rail on the Gladiator that I ordered.
On his Ranger, it mounts to bed rails with bolts into the bed flange

jmdusza01

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
RN
Todd
Hello. I just mounted the roll bar to my 2021 gladiator with trail rails. The bolts do not seem to hold against rails. I though the wings would spin to lock into rails but just pull straight through. Please share your installation experience that was successful.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hello. I just mounted the roll bar to my 2021 gladiator with trail rails. The bolts do not seem to hold against rails. I though the wings would spin to lock into rails but just pull straight through. Please share your installation experience that was successful.
I had to remove the lock washers and just hold the bolts tight while I "slowly" tightened the nuts down with the wings locked in at 90 degrees. Its touchy but if you go slow and steady, they'll lock in. I check them every 2 months or so for torque, but they have never loosened up

Sponsored

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
As I mentioned in a previous post, my roll bar was damaged (dented/paint chip) on the very end of one of the bars. They're sending me a replacement part, but that didn't prevent me from installing. I can replace the damaged part when it arrives. Love the way it fits, doesn't make the truck look too long. So far, impressed with the quality and fit. Takes about an hour to install, no drilling necessary. Still have to connect 3rd brake light and decide on a light bar or not. Maybe old school off road lights..
20200814_133319.jpg

20200814_133334.jpg

20200814_133346.jpg

20200814_133359.jpg
I love the 70s old school look

Resized_20220719_073323.jpg

lawz808

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Program Manager
I should have a pic of where I connected everything in this video..very simple..

I can't seem to find a photo in this video of where you tied into the 3rd brake light. Any chance you can tell us the time stamp or just attach the photo? It may be so simple that I'm just overthinking it, but a visual would help tremendously.

OP
OP
HouseofBoyd

HouseofBoyd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kentuckyhotwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1968 VW Beetle
Occupation
IT Engineer
I can't seem to find a photo in this video of where you tied into the 3rd brake light. Any chance you can tell us the time stamp or just attach the photo? It may be so simple that I'm just overthinking it, but a visual would help tremendously.
At the 2:28 mark.

lawz808

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Program Manager
Perfect. Thank you!!! And I was definitely overthinking it!

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
For what it's worth, I put a washer on the bolt and slid both into the channel of the Trail Rail.

Sponsored

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
Can someone please tell me how they actually connected this to their bed?? The instructions say, “Assemble roll bar with base on the truck with standard parts 15,16,18, and 31”. This is the C clamps. Is this really just a messy matter of cramming these things up under the lip and cramping it dow??

Jeep Gladiator Black Horse Roll Bar Installed Resized_20220719_073323
I found this thread while googling so I’m going to resurrect it. Is this really the answer? Did anyone figure out how to mount this without the rail? This is exactly what I’m trying to, and I’m sorry this just isn’t going to cut it.

anyone chime in?

BringTheLightnin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
I found this thread while googling so I’m going to resurrect it. Is this really the answer? Did anyone figure out how to mount this without the rail? This is exactly what I’m trying to, and I’m sorry this just isn’t going to cut it.

anyone chime in?
I'd like to know as well. I don't have a rail system.

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
Does it work with the trifold Mopar cover? I didn't wanna ditch my cover but would love one of these
The one I have does not, sadly the cover is too wide. There are others out there that are supposed to work

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
Does it work with the trifold Mopar cover? I didn't wanna ditch my cover but would love one of these
it works with mine. I can only fold up the front section though.

I spun the clamps vertical and tightened them down. Seems to be tight enough but I’m not happy with it at all.

I think what I’m going to end up doing is drilling a few holes in the supports that sit on top of the bed, so that they line up with the existing holes for the clips that attach the plastic covers. Then drill a hole through the plastic cover right on that spot and put a bolt through it right there.

not sure if that makes sense to anyone. I have a stepper bit that could drill through a tank so it should drill through the metal.
Sponsored