Black Horse Roll Bar Installed

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
Did anyone figure a solution to this before I break out the drill?
Sponsored

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I can't speak from personal experience as I have the trail rails, but the U-shaped brackets are threaded and should "sandwich" the lip of the bed to secure the rail. That being said, it would likely be more secure to drill it to the bed, and I would use a rivet nut on the hole I drilled if I were to install these like that. Just my two cents worth...

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The one I have does not, sadly the cover is too wide. There are others out there that are supposed to work
I have the rugged ridge tri fold and it works. I can fold 2 of the 3 sections up.

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to know as well. I don't have a rail system.
I don't have the rail system, I held the clamps up under the lip and tightened down with the bolts, holding fine.

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have the rugged ridge tri fold and it works. I can fold 2 of the 3 sections up.
The Tyger trifold works as well; I can fold the first section up to lie flat, but if I try to fold the 2nd, it hits the bar. Suppose I could strap it to it if I needed it open in transit.

Sponsored

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
What Black Horse Roll Bar/Light Bar do you have?

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
Alright guys, my method works pretty well for everyone who doesn’t trust the clamps..

First I drilled out 1/2” holes through the plastic bed rail cap down through the clips. It ended up being 3 clips in that area to go through in the back of the bed.

second I set the brackets down on top of the bed rail where I wanted the bar to go. I reached underneath where the plastic clips used to be and used a red sharpie to mark the holes on the underside of the brackets.

Third, I took the brackets back off, turned them upside down and found the red marks and drilled holes there using a 1/2” metal stepper bit.

fourth, I put the rails back on, used the t-bolts that were for the trail rail system, pushed them up through the bottom, put a washer, lock washer and then nut on the top and loosely hand tightened them. The T-bolts work good under the bed rail to keep you from having to hold both ends to tighten the nut.

fifth, I put the bar back on top and connected it to the brackets, again loosely.

Lastly i moved everything around to where I wanted it to be as much as tolerances would allow, then tightened everything up. Like I said, it’s nice using the t bolts because you don’t have to fumble around blindly looking for the other side with some cursed Allen wrench to hold the thing to tighten it.

you can even put the clamps back, and tighten those if you want even more security.(I did) You can only use the middle and cab side slots though. The front is obstructed by the T bolt.

the only problem is that this would interfere with a cover due to the bolts on the rail. Mine goes on ok, but eventually I’m going to get some low profile hardware so it functions better.

Jeep Gladiator Black Horse Roll Bar Installed 6D949631-BAF0-47E2-A3E7-09232C411F3A

edit: I forgot to mention to be very careful tightening these down. If you hulk out on them, you can bust the plastic Bed rail cover that’s sandwiched in there.