D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my new sarge green gladiator last week and I’ve been extremely surprised by how much fun it is to drive. I’ve had the pleasure of driving some very quick and nimble sports cars in the past which are a whole different type of fun, but there’s something about being behind the wheel of this truck that is unmatched. I immediately noticed how much higher I was in the gladiator than when I drive the wife’s x3. It’s a noticeable difference pulling up next to other trucks and SUV’s and feeling higher than them. Maybe this feeling will fade away as I get more used to it but for the time being it’s still enjoyable nonetheless. I also appreciate the slow yet quick response of the throttle. Hard to explain but pressing the gas pedal in a Ford truck feels a little sloppy or delayed, regardless of HP. In the jeep, it feels responsive although it also has that slower nature due to the overall weight and nature of a large truck and I don’t mind it, actually like it a lot. I’ve also noticed how much more springy it feels to go over small bumps in the road. It seems like the truck turns everything into a small experience, again, could be newbie feels from going sports car to truck overnight. I’m also really pleased with the interior and quality of leather and features. Coming from a 2018 bmw I feel like the overland is the 3 series of the truck world. Every thing seems to have a design element which I really appreciate. I wouldn’t enjoy a Ford or Chevy interior as much, and can’t think of any other truck for that matter. The tires are something else that really surprised me. I was deep in research prior to picking up the jeep trying to find a way to upgrade the wheels and not look like a roller skate but I love the look of the stock AT’s with the stock 18’s. Don’t think I’ll be changing the tires until I need to, look aggressive enough for my liking, and the wheels also look fantastic. Overall, it’s been nice driving a stronger and more secure ride that actually makes it feel that way. I’ve driven other trucks in the past and they just feel like SUV’s to me. The Gladiator on the other hand, seems to stay true to its nature of being a bad ass outdoor machine. Looking forward to some light off-roading soon, taking the top off, hauling my mountain bike to a remote trail in Silverado and just overall using the bed for home projects and such.
Sponsored

OldSkull

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
I just picked up an Overland model and love it so far. Ive had a bunch of TJs over the years and that’s the last model I drove until this one. I’m glad to have it!

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked up an Overland model and love it so far. Ive had a bunch of TJs over the years and that’s the last model I drove until this one. I’m glad to have it!
Such a good looking truck and even better interior I feel like

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Yeah... I get you. Rather shocked that a utility vehicle is one of the nicest things I have ever owned.

OldSkull

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
I agree, it’s really nice, and I think it rides and handles better than my old TJs. I was surprised that my Overland sits almost as as high as our Ram and is almost as long. It’s a good looking Jeep. And The older I get the more I appreciate electric Windows, lumbar support and other creature comforts that my TJs never had👍

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah... I get you. Rather shocked that a utility vehicle is one of the nicest things I have ever owned.
Yes, great point. My feeling exactly and I’ve been driving euro sports cars for the last 12 years.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Congrats to you both!

Artagan

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Fraud Investigation
I also have a Sarge Green on the way an I'm super excited! The height difference is a lot compared to the Camry I had so I totally understand what you mean with that.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Congrats. Similar camp here. Was heavily involved in HPDE and drove nothing but fast road course cars on some of the nicest road courses in this great US of A. Nothing like approaching A 90 degree turn from a pedal matted lonnnnng straight away. Not for the faint of heart.

Did a hard gear shift recently and moved into off roading because of the Great 48.

This is a whole new level of fun and good times.

Wait till you add a 3” lift and 37s .....Fun level goes through the roof.

Enjoy!!

Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Coming from a Wrangler JKU, I wasso impressed with the interior upgrades and technology and the great ride. It's comfortable but handles very well for a tall truck on 17" all weather all terrain tires.

It's the new family car now. My daughter takes it instead of her car, which was her dream car. It is definitely a Jeep thing.

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, so one month in and I guess I found a few minor gripes with the ride. First one, the power doesn’t stay on when you park and turn the engine off. Not used to the power turning off when the engine is shut off. It’s nice being able to put the windows up when you park and not have the engine running. Or maybe you can keep the music on while you take the kids out. Just a small detail, no big deal. Next, windows - there’s no way to just press the button down once for the windows to go down on their own? Hate that you have to hold them the entire time. And lastly, this one is kind of a big deal - you can’t adjust the headrests? I feel like I can’t sit right with my headrest so far forward, wish I could tilt it back. Surprised this is not an option.

Just a few things I had to point out. Other than that I’m absolutely loving the ride.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the head rest thing is interesting. I see the same angled non- adjustable on several new vehicles. This must be a new safety standard.
Sponsored