Sponsored

First Look: Sidetrack LED System for JL and Gladiator!

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
since you already received yours... did they include new trim clips? I ask since we know at least some are going to break apart. I’d like to pick some up from the dealer before my sidetrack get here on Friday.
No, panel clips are not included.
Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, thank you! I will be installing today.
Can't wait to see them! Mine should be here Thursday. I think I'm going to wire the white "puddle lights" to the bed lights, so I can control them with the switch on the headlight knob, and maybe the reverse lights too (with a diode to prevent backfeeding, obviously).

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine tonight. They are on, but not wired yet due to the rain, but they fit and look awesome. Thank you!!! I'll post some pics once they're done.

Jysidron

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Supervisor
Ok, so I got mine installed yesterday late afternoon. They work as expected and look great. I just thought I'd share some self install observations:

1. For a Gladiator Sport S, the drivers side firewall does not match the install video. There is a small rubber grommet/plug about the size of a quarter below and to the far right of the master cylinder. It just pulls right out. The tricky part is the fishing expedition. Just puncture the center of the grommet/plug with a small hole and work the white wire through it. Once you've gotten the wire inside the cab, it just plugs right back in. The picture is not my jeep, just a representative sample to point out location of the grommet.

Jeep Gladiator First Look: Sidetrack LED System for JL and Gladiator! Jeep Gladiator Engine Compartment

2. Fishing through the passenger side is a MF. Coat hangers do not work (to flimsy). Advice, get a real fish rod like the one in the video and drill a small hole in the end just large enough for the white wire - after a few attempt without this method, I was finally successful.
3. The plastic rivets on the outermost part of the fender do not remove like the video. You have to push the center in with something (I used a cold soldering iron) then they can be removed and basically rendering them useless.
Jeep Gladiator First Look: Sidetrack LED System for JL and Gladiator! Gladiator fender

You'll need something like this:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/performance-tool/41pc-rivet-tool-kit (I have no affiliation with this supplier, this just happens to be where I found what I need)

At the end of the day, it took me about 3 hours to complete the installation on both sides. Also, be sure to test them before you put everything back together as the tap is hard to see (for me) and I thought the wires were plugged in but the actual metal part was outside of the wire splice tap.

A big thanks to Oracle for coming out with this product, It is a huge "safety" improvement for the Gladiator - good luck to everyone, it's worth it!

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely adds a cool touch to the JT. Love the look and added extra visibility of these lights. Thank you!

KIMG3085.JPG

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Definitely adds a cool touch to the JT. Love the look and added extra visibility of these lights. Thank you!

Jeep Gladiator First Look: Sidetrack LED System for JL and Gladiator! KIMG3085.JPG
So perfect! Glad you are enjoying :rock:

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Currently trying to install this but let me tell you... unless you have the patience of a saint, I recommend you keep it moving.
The install video is NOTHING compared to what reality is. Also the video is a wrangler and the gladiator is apparently different because it looks nothing like the video. The drivers side is a nightmare to get through. I finally fished the wire through and it’s not long enough to reach the connector so I either went the long route or I have to lengthen the wire. I haven’t even got to the passenger side yet and it looks like it’ll be just as much of a nightmare.

TxGladiator

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Currently trying to install this but let me tell you... unless you have the patience of a saint, I recommend you keep it moving.
The install video is NOTHING compared to what reality is. Also the video is a wrangler and the gladiator is apparently different because it looks nothing like the video. The drivers side is a nightmare to get through. I finally fished the wire through and it’s not long enough to reach the connector so I either went the long route or I have to lengthen the wire. I haven’t even got to the passenger side yet and it looks like it’ll be just as much of a nightmare.
I was afraid it wouldn’t be as straightforward as the video ughh.
Just got mine today and right away the wires look short just eyeballing it in the box.
I think I’m taking mine to the shop to let the guys install it.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was afraid it wouldn’t be as straightforward as the video ughh.
Just got mine today and right away the wires look short just eyeballing it in the box.
I think I’m taking mine to the shop to let the guys install it.
My wires were plenty long enough. I could reach the driver's fender harness from the top under the hood. The passenger side I was able to go up from underneath. I just folded back the fender liner, and didn't remove it completely. The white wires I combined together and extended them, ran them into the cab on the driver's side, and soldered them to the tan/white bed light wire in the passenger kick panel.
Sponsored