www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. I've spent some time tonight reading about the cause of the flashing rear locker light that started today on the interstate in 2H at 70 mph. Now I need to figure out how to deal with it.

We are three long days from home still. Is it correct that the only damage I can do by continuing the trip is to the sensor itself? I'm considering ordering a Z Locker to bypass the problem when I get back.

Warranty isn't going to work for me. I have 5.13s, chromoly shafts, and trussed/gusseted rear.
Sponsored

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
The Z-Locker is a fix /temp fix as I understand it of JeepCares.
My Locker Light came on during a road trip also at 75mph on the h.way.

I was worried until a quick search online turned up others having the issue.

While on the phone with JeepCares, the rep. did say the Jeep has installed the pigtails; but they did not always work.

There are 2 possible issues for the light. (again, my understanding)
- 1) Behind the seat is a connection point. May sure there is no corrosion and its tight, even add some dielectric grease.

- 2) On the axle, remove the e.locker connection to see if there is oil. (I'm not sure if its that simple), but that's what I was told they did for mine, saw oil and ordered a new warranty.

There is a point apparently that if the light stays on long enough that it'll put the Jeep into LIMP mode. I'm not sure what that threshold is as mine stayed on for about 8-12hrs at a time as we drove cross country.

Hope some of this helps.

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
I’m having same issue. Rear locker light started coming on the last few days of towing on our 34 day trip. Only way to turn it off and it only sometimes worked by turning off ignition and restarting the truck.

took it to Jeep and they couldn’t replicate the issue smh. Howdoes woarranty workfor those of us who regeared?

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
My truck is going to the dealer tomorrow for this same issue, my light will come on and I can turn it off with the locker off switch but usually have to be under 35 for it to give me the unlocked signal. Mine is stock, have not looked at these connecors

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Update:

Finally got the truck looked at. Dealership took 9 days to diagnose (Took me 5 minutes on Google) and is replacing the "differential" (their words) which I take to mean axle assembly, or whatever they get from Dana. Axle is ordered and should be here in a couple weeks. I have the truck back for now but don't plan on driving it much until it's fixed. Locker is not actually engaging but I'm not here to live with problems in a new vehicle. I guess it's not exactly new anymore but it still feels new.

Luckily I have another car to drive in the mean time.

If anyone needs to know, Westgate Jeep in Raleigh has been a pretty great dealership to work with. Not always the best communication but so far every issue and request I've had has been taken care of including the steering gear TSB.
Sponsored