ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
Hi guys,

What sort of floor mats come with different trim levels?
I ordered a Willys Diesel and not sure what type of floor mat comes with it. My delivery will probably be deep into winter and I'd like to prepare with appropriate hardware.
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I can piggyback on this.

If you order a model that comes with carpet mats and you get the thermoplastic mat option, does it delete the carpet mats??

I like to use rubber mats in the winter and carpet mats in the summer.

If ordering the plastic mats deletes the carpet mats, then I'll probably get some plastic mats separately. Either Jeep or WeatherTech depending on price and coverage.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Hi guys,

I ordered a Willys Diesel and not sure what type of floor mat comes with it. My delivery will probably be deep into winter and I'd like to prepare with appropriate hardware.
If you didnā€™t specify the slush mats you probably get the removable carpet mats. You have aftermarket and Mopar options.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
If I can piggyback on this.

If you order a model that comes with carpet mats and you get the rubber mat option, does it delete the carpet mats??

I like to use rubber mats in the winter and carpet mats in the summer.
It deletes the carpet mats.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
I can't remember what my 2020 Rubi came with but before it even came in, I ordered Weathertech floor liners for front and rear. Highly recommended. I've used them in several vehicles in the past. Very durable, yet thinner and lighter than the Mopar mats - which is helpful when trying to wrangle them in/out of the rig. I use them year round.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It deletes the carpet mats.
Thanks. Both the WeatherTechs and the Mopar mats cost about $200 if you buy them separately.

So the best bet if you want them is to order them separately rather than add them as an option to the truck. Then you end up with both for about a $50 premium. (MSRP on slush mats is $165)

Thank you.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't remember what my 2020 Rubi came with but before it even came in, I ordered Weathertech floor liners for front and rear. Highly recommended. I've used them in several vehicles in the past. Very durable, yet thinner and lighter than the Mopar mats - which is helpful when trying to wrangle them in/out of the rig. I use them year round.
I've bought them for every car I've owned over the last 20 years. If the Jeep ones were functionally equivalent, I'd get the Jeep ones, just because they look cooler. ha. But its tough to beat Weathertech functionally speaking.

Thankyou. I'm done hijacking this thread. To the OP. Sorryabot that.
I'm hoping this info was helpful for you also.

Don

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
Thanks. Both the WeatherTechs and the Mopar mats cost about $200 if you buy them separately.

So the best bet if you want them is to order them separately rather than add them as an option to the truck. Then you end up with both for about a $50 premium. (MSRP on slush mats is $165)

Thank you.
I have a set of standard cloth mats if someone wants them.

Rugged ridge makes some all weather mats too.

I bought my Mopar mats on Amazon:
Jeep 2020 Gladiator All Weather Floor Mats Red Lettering OEM Mopar https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0815Z6BS4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_P699WK0N8QJNECT2AH9B

SeanKenmore

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Occupation
Biotech
If you didnā€™t specify the slush mats you probably get the removable carpet mats. You have aftermarket and Mopar options.
Thatā€™s true, I didnā€™t order slush mats (or all weather rubber mats) so my truck came with standard carpet mats and these are very good premium quality mats. I purchase Jeep slush mats aftermarket to save on the total build cost.

Last edited:

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
Thatā€™s true, I didnā€™t order slush mats (or all weather rubber mats) so my truck came with standard carpet mats and these are very good premium quality mats. I purchase Jeep slush mats aftermarket to save on the total build cost.
Itā€™s also one less step in the build that can hold up an order if they are running short on supply.

Sponsored

MoxiesDad

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2014 Jeep Patriot
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
I ordered the Mopar slush mats on my vehicle build. When you're paying below invoice price it makes sense. I don't need to have a set of carpeted mats sitting in my attic, I'll only use the slush mats.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the Mopar slush mats on my vehicle build. When you're paying below invoice price it makes sense. I don't need to have a set of carpeted mats sitting in my attic, I'll only use the slush mats.
This totally makes sense unless you actually will use the carpet mats.

I drive barefoot a lot in the summer. I like the feel of the carpet mat under my feet. ha.

And I ski in the winter so I drag in salty water in the winter. So I've gotten to swapping out mats based on the season.

Typically I do a good cleaning on the cars after ski season is over and then swap in the carpet mats.

portalgun

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubicon Diesel, 02 S2000, 15 4Runner
Maybe if your order isnā€™t until winter you might get them, but everyone everywhere is sold out of the mopar slush mats. I had them in my build and they were deleted because they werenā€™t available. Tried two different eBay vendors and the official mopar store and they are all out of stock.
Just going to go all the way now and get the armorlite full washout floor instead. Between kids, landscaping, trails, and no doors with the soft top down it gets dirty in there all the time.

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
I'd go with the standard carpet mats, you can always find someone on here selling the slush mats much cheaper then retail if you want them.

OP
OP
ilovebikes99

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
Thanks everyone for the very helpful responses. I will get either the Rugged Roads or the Mopar mats. Probably here from the forum. I like the carpet mats too in the summer unless Iā€™m going offroading or the beach. It will be great to have both sets.
Sponsored