First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler jl unlimited
Occupation
Printer
Just recieved our gladiator two days ago… yay!!!!! Noticed we were missing the freedom panel bag. Upon asking the dealer they said it was deleted.
CWY - freedom panel storage bag delete.
Does anyone have any idea why this may be? We have the headliner which the dealer seems to think is the reason. Maybe they are short on stock? 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Did you order the JT or select it off the lot?

Unless something changed, my hard top with factory headliner came WITH the bag.
Run through all the charges and make sure you didn't pay for it and someone at the dealership snagged it.

OP
OP

Jon smith

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Printer
Did you order the JT or select it off the lot?

Unless something changed, my hard top with factory headliner came WITH the bag.
Run through all the charges and make sure you didn't pay for it and someone at the dealership snagged it.
We ordered it. The dealers build sheet shows the code to delete the bag. We never asked for that.

Calvin heinly

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT gladiator rubicon diesel
Occupation
Professional land surveyor
We ordered it. The dealers build sheet shows the code to delete the bag. We never asked for that.
When I ordered my JT rubicon diesel in March the same thing happened to me . thinking that the factory may be out. The dealer gave me one.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Oof, Canuckia. Was going to tell you I see them on Craigslist all the time for $25-$35 dollars.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Mine wa “deleted” too. The dealer gave one to me. I didn’t even ask. Didn’t even know to ask! Lol

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just got my build sheet and it lists "Freedom Panel Storage Bag Delete." Could this be a kitting issue? I got the dual top group. Maybe the soft top box automatically is supposed to come with the storage bags so they have to delete the bags themselves from the build? That's just a swag on my part.

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
I just got my build sheet and it lists "Freedom Panel Storage Bag Delete." Could this be a kitting issue? I got the dual top group. Maybe the soft top box automatically is supposed to come with the storage bags so they have to delete the bags themselves from the build? That's just a swag on my part.
Nope. I only got the hard top and the "delete" package was added. I'm assuming they are either short of supply or something weird like that. I didn't think to ask my dealer about it though.

OP
OP

Jon smith

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Printer
Yeah I don't understand. My dealer refuses to give us a bag, or any reason for the delete. I know its only $89, but we paid for it in our build, what gives?

Sponsored

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Yeah I don't understand. My dealer refuses to give us a bag, or any reason for the delete. I know its only $89, but we paid for it in our build, what gives?
@JeepCares
Can you help find out if this is a shortage and the owners will be sent bags later like the keys that are affected by the chip shortage or what is going on? Seems dealers have no idea.

Last edited:

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
I emailed my dealer. This is the first time they've heard of it. He said Jeep should be giving me a small credit for it and that they usually have some floating around the dealership so they can give me one. Pretty much sounds like par for the corse. Dealerships making good for their customers for some FCS snafu. I'm not going to get too bent out of shape over it. I still remember the Mad Max toilet paper battles of Spring 2020. Supply lines globally are still out of whack.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
When I took delivery of mine 2 weeks ago, the freedom top bag was in the back seat.

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
Order JTR on 03/29, received 04/30 had both the Freedom Top bag, and two keys (Oregon)

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a heads up. This is why having a pre-delivery checklist is good. If you had brought this up prior to delivery, they probably would have grabbed one out of a car on the lot.

By the way, I've made a worse mistake. I bought a car that continuously pulled left. An alignment couldn't fix it. I never actually drove the specific car I bought until after I finished the paperwork. I won't make that mistake twice.
Sponsored