Sponsored

Front License Plate Mounting Ideas... what do you think?

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I have an ARB Bondi Deluxe front bumper and my winch has a Factor 55 Pro-E link up front. See picture below. Now that I have true mall cred, and the poke on that thimble has reassured me about my... um.... size...., I need to figure out what to do with my front license plate. I live in a state where front license plates are mandated and due to a recent article in our local paper I'm sure I will get ticketed soon.

SO - my question is - any ideas on where to stick my license plate? I don't care if its legal to the letter - as far as I am concerned if it is EASILY visible to a meter maid then I can at least argue that I didn't really break the law.

One idea i have is to bend the plate into a curve (we still have Aluminum plates in Minnesota) and attach it lengthwise to the hoop on my bumper - it is a 3inch tube so it would be pretty visible...

https://www.startribune.com/do-minn...ack-license-plates-ever-get-caught/600128658/

Jeep Gladiator Front License Plate Mounting Ideas... what do you think? 20211202_142712
Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I have an ARB Bondi Deluxe front bumper and my winch has a Factor 55 Pro-E link up front. See picture below. Now that I have true mall cred, and the poke on that thimble has reassured me about my... um.... size...., I need to figure out what to do with my front license plate. I live in a state where front license plates are mandated and due to a recent article in our local paper I'm sure I will get ticketed soon.

SO - my question is - any ideas on where to stick my license plate? I don't care if its legal to the letter - as far as I am concerned if it is EASILY visible to a meter maid then I can at least argue that I didn't really break the law.

One idea i have is to bend the plate into a curve (we still have Aluminum plates in Minnesota) and attach it lengthwise to the hoop on my bumper - it is a 3inch tube so it would be pretty visible...

https://www.startribune.com/do-minn...ack-license-plates-ever-get-caught/600128658/

Jeep Gladiator Front License Plate Mounting Ideas... what do you think? 20211202_142712
https://www.amazon.com/Rough-Countr...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Fellow Minnesotan here. I sandwich the top 1/4" or so of the plate between the fairlead and the bumper. Done that on two different Jeeps now and never had it move. Even when blasting through snowdrifts.

Jeep Gladiator Front License Plate Mounting Ideas... what do you think? 1640118045248

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I have a stock steel bumper and I saw the removable mount sold by Quadratec for $80 and said oh hell no.

Bought some lightweight rod from Home Cheapo and was going to bend up my own mount, weld in a fender washer to bolt to the center bolt on the bottom of the bumper. It came out slightly askew and I couldn’t live with it so that turned out to be a pain in the ass. I ditched it.

I ended up spending the 80 smackers. That hurt but buy once/cry once.

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
As shown in the pic.... I needed a license plate holder for the front after I installed the clipped Mopar bumper and winch. Went on Amazon and bought a bracket for less than 20 bucks and a little modification and i was in compliance with California Vehicle Code 5200. Not that i was going to get cited, but then you never know.
Jeep Gladiator Front License Plate Mounting Ideas... what do you think? JKR Bump 4

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
I really like this one a lot. It holds the plate in front of the winch hook and by pulling a release, I can remove it in about five seconds.

Second washing b.jpg

Sponsored

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Used the plastic plate mount from the steel OEM bumper and mounted it on top of the bumper in front of the winch control box with a couple of L-brackets.
Jeep Gladiator Front License Plate Mounting Ideas... what do you think? 5DADA81A-3194-4858-A385-F1E1B5C23892

OP
OP
syreeves

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
thanks! That could work although it would get ripped off hitting snow banks - the kind left in your driveway by the city plow truck. 😁 But definitely a goo starting place? Maybe I could make something that hangs on a hing, or by rubber straps... interesting hadn't thought about hanging the plate under the hawse...

OP
OP
syreeves

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Move to a state that doesn't require a front plate. Problem solved.
You're welcome.
Yeah but then I'd be in Ohio or something... 🙄

KIDDING!!!!

OP
OP
syreeves

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fellow Minnesotan here. I sandwich the top 1/4" or so of the plate between the fairlead and the bumper. Done that on two different Jeeps now and never had it move. Even when blasting through snowdrifts.

Jeep Gladiator Front License Plate Mounting Ideas... what do you think? 5DADA81A-3194-4858-A385-F1E1B5C23892
First - nice to make your acquaintance. Second - I too have the parks plate - GREAT plate. Third - you have proposed something very interesting but I don't think it would work on my bumper which looks like the picture below. I also though about folding the plate to conform to the flat surfaces on one side or turning it 90 degrees and folding about 25% over one side and putting between the hawse and the right side recovery ring... neither is ideal. I also thought about riveting to the hood... 🙄

Jeep Gladiator Front License Plate Mounting Ideas... what do you think? 1640136800629

OP
OP
syreeves

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As shown in the pic.... I needed a license plate holder for the front after I installed the clipped Mopar bumper and winch. Went on Amazon and bought a bracket for less than 20 bucks and a little modification and i was in compliance with California Vehicle Code 5200. Not that i was going to get cited, but then you never know.
Jeep Gladiator Front License Plate Mounting Ideas... what do you think? 1640136800629
Basically this is what I am thinking - trying to avoid the part hanging under the bumper - will get ripped off in snow up here but yes this is in the pile of ideas I am gathering. Thank you
Sponsored