First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Jeep really doesn't change much in a model season. The JK got a new interior in 2011 and a new engine in 2012. But it came out in 2007 and ran Exterior unchanged for 10 years. Dont expect much difference anytime soon. Plus any special editions will likely just be stickers like always
yeah I was meaning more like options the Wrangler has, I think if they came out with a scrambler decal option and didnt price it insane it would sell.
Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Development cost are not something that just get absorbed into manufacturing. They are clearly identified, integrated with manufacturing costs, and have to be retired. They don't just "go away".

I wouldn't expect any changes that require extensive re-tooling or re-design/testing it is simply too expensive in an already expensive vehicle. Similarly changes to the production line and supply chain are massively expensive and open the opportunity for compromises in quality (which they already struggle with but I digress).

I would however based on Jeeps history, expect limited edition packages that are entirely or almost entirely based in trim. Willys package is a good example and the first that comes to mind, some paint and decals and bolt ons.

I have absolutely no doubt that FCA has their ear to the ground and will continue to deliver interesting, performance driven, high quality products that the American consumer asks for. There are simply too many examples of them doing this already to expect otherwise.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Development cost are not something that just get absorbed into manufacturing. They are clearly identified, integrated with manufacturing costs, and have to be retired. They don't just "go away".

I wouldn't expect any changes that require extensive re-tooling or re-design/testing it is simply too expensive in an already expensive vehicle. Similarly changes to the production line and supply chain are massively expensive and open the opportunity for compromises in quality (which they already struggle with but I digress).

I would however based on Jeeps history, expect limited edition packages that are entirely or almost entirely based in trim. Willys package is a good example and the first that comes to mind, some paint and decals and bolt ons.

I have absolutely no doubt that FCA has their ear to the ground and will continue to deliver interesting, performance driven, high quality products that the American consumer asks for. There are simply too many examples of them doing this already to expect otherwise.
Yeah I agree, its not getting any major tweaks anytime soon but I would think decal or limited edition packages would be a thing.
I could see a 2 door version based of the JL with a slightly longer bed. Sort of like the TJ unlimited.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
yeah I was meaning more like options the Wrangler has, I think if they came out with a scrambler decal option and didnt price it insane it would sell.
Other than tops what options are you missing from the wrangler? The scrambler decal package is available for like 350 I thought

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Yeah I agree, its not getting any major tweaks anytime soon but I would think decal or limited edition packages would be a thing.
I could see a 2 door version based of the JL with a slightly longer bed. Sort of like the TJ unlimited.
Sales of the 2 door models JK/JL were/are minuscule, and that would require a complete redesign. Remember the 4 door model evolved out of the 2 door, not the other way around. And for good reason, there is no room in the 2 door, and a 2 door Gladiator will have even less. I'll predict that there will never be a 2 door JT. When FCA releases their new mid sized truck in conventional format to compete with Ranger, Canyon, Tacoma, etc. the nail will be driven in the 2 door JT fantasy.

Sponsored

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Jeep really doesn't change much in a model season. The JK got a new interior in 2011 and a new engine in 2012. But it came out in 2007 and ran Exterior unchanged for 10 years. Dont expect much difference anytime soon. Plus any special editions will likely just be stickers like always
You are correct sir. I still miss my 2007 JK Black Tie Edition. It was a couple stickers some chrome parts and different rims but loved that "powered nothing" manual windows manual locks but everyone had to stop me to ask about the black tie badging. I upgraded to the 2011 and just started looking at 2019's because of some of the "noticeable" changes to me, until they announced the gladiator and the rest they call current history. Colors and "editions" will be the bulk of things for 3-5 years and that is only if they continue the gladiator line as we still have to wait out the sales stats of the first 2 years to see if they keep it in the lineup. They did open the market for things like the new bronco and the colorado bison to up the cost to the mid size market. The gladiator much like the jeep is always going to be a cool factor and off road look as opposed to a work truck market which is part of the pricing as it ultimately won't outsell the colorado/ranger style small work trucks that make a fair amount of money as fleet/company vehicles.

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Where can you find the scrambler decals?
That is actual a mopar part number now. I am positive I saw it on moparpartsonline as I have been thinking they may look good on my black overland. I just went looking for it and can't find it but I know I saw it so I will keep searching for you.

Last edited:

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR

Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Other than tops what options are you missing from the wrangler? The scrambler decal package is available for like 350 I thought
External large diameter bed mounted rollbar. Retro but functional, w light tiabs for forward lights(upper) and rear facing lights ( lower ). Preferabley in Black but could see Chrome or body colors offered.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
I did want to thrown one thing out here about price. When Jeep remodeled the 2011 Grand Cherokee, with the 3.6. it won a ton of real awards. Then in 2012 they slashed 3K off the factory price. I would have no regrets on my JT Sport S Max Tow purchase and price, but I sure do think cutting 2-3 K off the base price could bring in a whole lot more sales. Will be interesting to watch.

What about a factory bed topper, truck cap, bed cap? I also like the removable hard top rear window idea.

We need a variety of lockers offered for the 4.10 and the 3.73. They could partner with ARB and Eaton?? Or just ofier the same lockers as the Rubicon, for the 4.10 wide tracks (without the Rubicon package)??

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
External large diameter bed mounted rollbar. Retro but functional, w light tiabs for forward lights(upper) and rear facing lights ( lower ). Preferabley in Black but could see Chrome or body colors offered.
yeah!

HONCHO

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Sales of the 2 door models JK/JL were/are minuscule, and that would require a complete redesign. Remember the 4 door model evolved out of the 2 door, not the other way around. And for good reason, there is no room in the 2 door, and a 2 door Gladiator will have even less. I'll predict that there will never be a 2 door JT. When FCA releases their new mid sized truck in conventional format to compete with Ranger, Canyon, Tacoma, etc. the nail will be driven in the 2 door JT fantasy.
Except by those who use their Jeeps for off road use, but hey who wants to do that !!
Sponsored