Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
How has this held up for you over time? Did you swap axles or stay with this? I have the diesel with 40x15.50r20 tires and I’m try to decide what to regear to. Are the RPMs too much with 4.88 for the engine?
Thanks for follow up! I swapped to Dana 60s with 488. Did wonders with my sense feeling axles would not snap and also the regear helped get closer to factory. I ended up selling it but did great for my use and for the new owners use . If I did the exact same scenario again I would do all the same with axle swap
And gears.
Sponsored

txred38

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR red
Thanks for follow up! I swapped to Dana 60s with 488. Did wonders with my sense feeling axles would not snap and also the regear helped get closer to factory. I ended up selling it but did great for my use and for the new owners use . If I did the exact same scenario again I would do all the same with axle swap
And gears.
Thanks for the quick response. Did you stay at 20 mpg’s? My mpgs have plunged and I was worried 4.88 gears would make it worse.

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
direct quote from adam at rockkrawler

”we did 4.10s with our shop JLD with 38s. We feel 4.56 would have been better”
AEV rec 4.56 with 37s... that's what every one of their in-house builds get, both gas and diesel
Sponsored