25rawls

First Name
Bj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for opinions, I have an overland that I replaced springs with rubicon takeoff springs and added 1.5 Teraflex spacer to front and .75 on the rear with falcon shocks. I am going to replace track bars.

Does anyone see benefit of running AEV geometry brackets? I read up and measured from frame to spring perch so the distance falls where I could run them.

End goal would be to chop fenders and run 35s or a smaller 37 tire. My thought is the brackets would give a long arm feel with minimal lift.
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
It’s one more thing to hang down and catch rocks on if you plan to take it off road. That small of a lift should not require that much correction.

OP
OP
25rawls

25rawls

First Name
Bj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
It’s one more thing to hang down and catch rocks on if you plan to take it off road. That small of a lift should not require that much correction.

That crossed my mind, but also while looking g at lift kits that have been coming out some of the overland kits come with similar brackets along with adjustable arms to keep the control arms closer to level with the pavement. My understanding is it improves the ride. And Most off-roading I do is lite or mild trails.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
They made a big difference on two JKs I had with 2.5" lifts, the amount they hang down is a non issue IMO. The Rancho brackets are stronger and cheaper than the AEV ones.

Sponsored

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
25rawls: Did you ever end up using the geometry correction brackets? I'm just about to use the same setup you describe above and considered buying a pair.

OP
OP
25rawls

25rawls

First Name
Bj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
The answer is yes with a twist. So yes I do have geometry brackets currently. They are the overland brackets from the Evo mfg kit. My wife surprised me with the Evo mfg 2.5 enforcer overland stage 4 plus kit. So I didn’t run them with the Teraflex spacers.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for opinions, I have an overland that I replaced springs with rubicon takeoff springs and added 1.5 Teraflex spacer to front and .75 on the rear with falcon shocks. I am going to replace track bars.

Does anyone see benefit of running AEV geometry brackets? I read up and measured from frame to spring perch so the distance falls where I could run them.

End goal would be to chop fenders and run 35s or a smaller 37 tire. My thought is the brackets would give a long arm feel with minimal lift.
What were the Rubicon spring numbers and how was the ride compared to stock Overland springs?
(springs under any JT will vary with the options so Rubicon springs could mean any of several numbers - thus, my asking what the part numbers were, the last three digits - right side will have a higher number)

OP
OP
25rawls

25rawls

First Name
Bj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
ShadowsPapa 450AB 451AC. Still have them and the overand springs. With the springs and Teraflex spacers I felt the ride improved and wasn’t overly soft. I understand that was the purpose for the overland model. But I purchased the overland for all the comforts to make the wife happy. The ride was still great and more controlling to me if that makes sense. I did go with Falcon shocks when I swapped them out and still have them with the evo kit. It impressed me on the trail as well with only running 35s.

Jeep Gladiator Geometry bracket for level A19B09E7-B2D5-4CAA-A1FA-3D647415C00D

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
ShadowsPapa 450AB 451AC. Still have them and the overand springs. With the springs and Teraflex spacers I felt the ride improved and wasn’t overly soft. I understand that was the purpose for the overland model. But I purchased the overland for all the comforts to make the wife happy. The ride was still great and more controlling to me if that makes sense. I did go with Falcon shocks when I swapped them out and still have them with the evo kit. It impressed me on the trail as well with only running 35s.

Jeep Gladiator Geometry bracket for level A19B09E7-B2D5-4CAA-A1FA-3D647415C00D
THANK YOU.
The Rubicon rears I have are the next ones lighter - 449 and 450. But I am thinking of max tow springs on the back to help prevent sag with loads in the rear, and trailer towing. May put the front Rubicons under my truck's frong, though.
I have an overland and Rubicon Fox shocks (new take-offs) and Rubicon take-off springs and Max tow rear springs I am thinking of putting on.
I figured the Rubicon front springs may bring the front up a tad if I mount a winch... maybe.

Your reason for the Overland is exactly mine - I had a Sport S max tow all picked out - then told my wife I wanted her to come to the dealer and pick a color with me. Well....... the sport S max tow disappeared and the Overland with the comfort stuff was in the picture.
But my Overland now seems to be bouncy, a bit more mushy on bumps and turns. (but we love the ride over-all - COMFORTABLE AS HECK)
That's helpful and helps me convince myself I may be headed in the right direction swapping springs and shocks. No lift at this point........ my wife struggles enough with her handicap getting in and out but who knows. There's zero trails in Iowa anyway, unless you consider the end rows of corn fields to be exciting.

Bamaprof

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Try air bags in rear spings. Just air them up when under load and keep the comfortable ride. Under $150!
Sponsored