Sponsored

Getting ready to order from Gupton, need to get my ducks in a row.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
maybe so , but TreadLighly is a very worthy cause.
Sure, I guess if you want to spend the $100. Even if you don’t have to.

you can get up to two control numbers in a calendar year, no other time limit.
I know. Once you pass 30 days and request it, you have 4 months to use it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The most difficult part of the whole process may be building your Jeep.

Build your Jeep then sit on it and go back and build it again and again and again unless you know exactly what you want and are familiar with all the options.

My truck is in shipping phase and I already have builder's remorse on no less than 4 items. Not that I won't absolutely love it when I get in it, but had I been a little more active in imagining through the build I would've done it a bit different.

And if you really like something that may not be as popular, don't seek a consensus opinion, just go with it.
Thank you for your input. I've been playing with the configurator for about 6 months. I know what I want.

As far as remorse. I learned a long time ago that nobody ever has remore about buying something they aren't sure about. But they do get remorse about NOT getting something.

Mine will be loaded with about everything except rubber matts, the bed rail system, and a bed liner.

Thanks again.

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the leather bolstered the same as cloth? You have the option of switching to Catskinz(?) leather seats at any time and I believe for not much more than factory. Or you can advertise a swap. I think there's a few leather folks pining for cloth.

One of my regrets is not going with tan leather instead of black. Once I take delivery I'm hoping to find someone who made the opposite mistake and might even be able to get the red dash panels swapped also.

Curious what the alcohol is trending towards? More options? Lol.
Getting standard factory leather gets you leather on parts of the dash, center console, and door panels, plus it gets you a center rear armrest. Katzkins just gets ou leather on the seats.

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1)the affiliate discounts are done as of Oct 1st
2) Local dealer told me 2021 ordering is still open
What do you mean that affiliate discounts end Oct 1??

Forever??

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Thank you for your input. I've been playing with the configurator for about 6 months. I know what I want.

As far as remorse. I learned a long time ago that nobody ever has remore about buying something they aren't sure about. But they do get remorse about NOT getting something.

Mine will be loaded with about everything except rubber matts, the bed rail system, and a bed liner.

Thanks again.
See that's the problem. I only had about 6 weeks to work on my build, lol.

Sponsored

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
What do you mean that affiliate discounts end Oct 1??

Forever??
They are ending so the Treadlightly deal is done Oct 1st. That's what my broker said and my dealer. They will honor any codes generated before the end of the month. So generate your affiliate number ASAP!

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
They are ending so the Treadlightly deal is done Oct 1st. That's what my broker said and my dealer. They will honor any codes generated before the end of the month. So generate your affiliate number ASAP!
Tread Lightly advertises the deal heavily. I would expect the deal to be honored for 365 days from September 30th 2021 (so basically up to Sept 29 2022) based on existing advertising.

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
Tread Lightly advertises the deal heavily. I would expect the deal to be honored for 365 days from September 30th 2021 (so basically up to Sept 29 2022) based on existing advertising.
FCA is ending the affiliate program, nothing to do with TL unfortunately. As far as I understand

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
how do i do this if I am using my employee discount from Kaiser? They just told me to bring in a pay stub when I pick up the JT

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
FCA is ending the affiliate program, nothing to do with TL unfortunately. As far as I understand
Here’s some fine print from the FCA-side affiliate webpage:

“Dodge Challenger Demon, 2020 Jeep®Wrangler Hybrid, and all FIAT® 500e and Ram TRX models are currently not eligible for this program. FCA US LLC reserves the right to alter the ineligible vehicle list at any time.”

Here’s fine print from the Tread Lightly site FAQ:

Q: How do I know what vehicles are covered under the FCA discount?

A: Chrysler has the right to add or remove vehicles at any time to the FCA discount program. Please check with your dealer before purchasing your Tread Lightly! membership.”

And, finally, here’s a new qualifier added to the Tread Lightly membership signup form:

FCA WILL BE UPDATING THEIR ELIGIBLE VEHICLES STARTING OCTOBER 1ST. CHECK WITH YOUR DEALERSHIP TO SEE IF YOUR VEHICLE WILL STILL BE COVERED BY THE FCA DISCOUNT. WE CANNOT SUPPLY SPECIFIC VEHICLE INFORMATION. MEMBERSHIPS ARE NONREFUNDABLE.”

So, much respect to @ilovebikes99 for flagging this. My reading here is that the program isn’t ending, full stop, but there’s certainly potential for much broader vehicle exclusions up to and including ‘all Wranglers and Gladiators.’ A blanket cessation of the program would seem to put Tread Lightly in the position of having breached their membership benefit terms, but I certainly can’t rule it out (FWIW I do NOT see an ‘all benefit subject to change’ qualifier on the Tread Lightly form which makes me think the affiliate program will be preserved at least in part).

Hopefully this isn’t a fight with dealers for in-process orders :(

Sponsored

rubber_ducky

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
The discontinuation of the FCA discount is a bummer. My membership will reach its 30 day maturation date in the first week of October. :mad:

JeeperPeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, Mustang Mach-e
Is the leather bolstered the same as cloth? You have the option of switching to Catskinz(?) leather seats at any time and I believe for not much more than factory. Or you can advertise a swap. I think there's a few leather folks pining for cloth.

One of my regrets is not going with tan leather instead of black. Once I take delivery I'm hoping to find someone who made the opposite mistake and might even be able to get the red dash panels swapped also.

Curious what the alcohol is trending towards? More options? Lol.
Less creature comforts. More engine, steel bumper, suspension… all the doomsday essentials, haha.

JeeperPeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, Mustang Mach-e
Was also curious about the 30 day maturation period. I signed up for Tread Lightly last week, got my approval in a few days, and was able to get a control number through the FCA website immediately after. I thought I was going to have to wait 30 days before I could get the control number. Is it actually 30 days until I can use it? Did I pull the trigger too fast?

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Was also curious about the 30 day maturation period. I signed up for Tread Lightly last week, got my approval in a few days, and was able to get a control number through the FCA website immediately after. I thought I was going to have to wait 30 days before I could get the control number. Is it actually 30 days until I can use it? Did I pull the trigger too fast?
Thats what I did as well as others from what Ive read. The control number is good for a few months, so plenty of time for them to build the new jeep.
Sponsored