Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
No surprise you don’t get it Rex

PC culture is not the same as common decency. Talking on the forum like you are sitting around the camp fire with your buddies isn’t appropriate if you employ strong or controversial language or if you take cheap shots at others who aren’t members of the forum. Anyone can do it but most opt not to because it isn’t a healthy habit, it reflects poorly on you, and it suspends content and civility

While PC culture is absurd it isn’t quite as ugly as it’s opposite factor and is the result of historical cultural norms that are no longer acceptable

So being considerate of others when using language is now part of the work place and the internet whether you like it or not. Save the rest for the camp fire

For those that don’t change with the times they become perceived not as truth sayers but more as relics who refuse to accept the inevitable. Besides, illustrating a little integrity isn’t exactly asking a lot is it
I'm all for changing the name like I posted previously. But this is the internet and you can't control every person with a bad mouth on the internet. Best thing you can do is ask kindly like we all have to please just change the name to something more decent. That's all you can do. Not trying to start bull I was just stateing an option
Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Man, not just talking about internet forums but out there in day to day events...... every oher news story is about someone being outraged or offended beyond words about some trivial matter. Peeps are losing touch with reality.....

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Looks like OP went ahead and changed it. Now let's all hug it out and obsess over delivery timing again.

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Just so no one gets offended by this word ...here is the definition. Hope it helps lol...

Screenshot_20190424-125802.png

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
So let me understand this PC thing. Sensitive people asking him to change his wording hence infringing on his freedom of speech to make others less triggered?

russross

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
What people complain about as being "Politically Correct" is usually just about treating other people with respect. It's a free country and you don't have to change the way you speak, but if you aren't willing to do so then you are probably an a**hole.

Try mentally substituting "treating people with respect" whenever you see or hear a complaint about being "PC". It reveals a lot about the people complaining. It's not about people who might be offended, it's about the people who care so little about anyone else that they insist on being offensive.

Sponsored

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
So let me understand this PC thing. Sensitive people asking him to change his wording hence infringing on his freedom of speech to make others less triggered?
Asking someone to consider their phrasing is hardly infringing on free speech. I find this offensive and I am triggered.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
What people complain about as being "Politically Correct" is usually just about treating other people with respect. It's a free country and you don't have to change the way you speak, but if you aren't willing to do so then you are probably an a**hole.

Try mentally substituting "treating people with respect" whenever you see or hear a complaint about being "PC". It reveals a lot about the people complaining. It's not about people who might be offended, it's about the people who care so little about anyone else that they insist on being offensive.
Don't know you of course, but anyone who would make this kind of statement IMO makes me think you lean towards being outraged at meaningless things or are offended easily

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
If I had an issue with something someone posted, I would address it in a PM (Private Message) not posting it publicly. Posting complaints does not earn respect, it just causes, well... threads to get trainwrecked like this one.

russross

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Don't know you of course, but anyone who would make this kind of statement IMO makes me think you lean towards being outraged at meaningless things
Nope. I'm rarely offended. Not sure what that has to do with anything. I'm just someone who teaches for a living and believes that words matter.
Sponsored