Get ready to get reamed....

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I used to live in LA for 20 years and it is the mecca of car culture altho that culture is slowly dying down because of services like Uber and the younger generation not being interested in cars or owning cars... So, it doesn't surprise me one bit that it is marked up like crazy in LA and not to mention there is sick amounts of cash in LA and those people are willing to spend it as they please without a second thought... End of the day, anything is worth what the other person is willing to pay for - just like the Holland Lilies and moon rocks ;). My philosophy is if you are happy with your purchase on what you were willing to pay that's all that matters...
I used to live in LA for 20 years and it is the mecca of car culture altho that culture is slowly dying down because of services like Uber and the younger generation not being interested in cars or owning cars... So, it doesn't surprise me one bit that it is marked up like crazy in LA and not to mention there is sick amounts of cash in LA and those people are willing to spend it as they please without a second thought... End of the day, anything is worth what the other person is willing to pay for - just like the Holland Lilies and moon rocks ;). My philosophy is if you are happy with your purchase on what you were willing to pay that's all that matters...
Amen!
Sponsored

41Willys

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '16 Kia Sorrento, '07 Toyota Tundra
While all that (and most other opinions on this are/) is true....I'll also bet there will be more than a few LE buyers that get cold feet when they realize what they've done and the thought of a $1000+ / month car payment PLUS insurance for 5-6 yrs smacks them in the face at the sales desk.

Sure there are people that can afford it. Sure there are people that drive "welfare caddys." But there are also impulse buyers that do stupid things in the heat of the moment. Immediate gratification can be costly.

OP
OP

Vismich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
While I'm sure I have pushed the envelope a few times with my vocabulary, using the word raped in the title of the thread my be somewhat offensive to somebody who has or somebody who has had somebody close to them actually raped in the truest sense.

Could you change the title to cheated/slighted/taken advantage of.. Ect, as I'm assuming any of those versions are probably more accurate to your intended meaning?
Seriously? I was going to say take it up the A** but didn't want to offend anyone who really took it in the back side....

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Seriously? I was going to say take it up the A** but didn't want to offend anyone who really took it in the back side....
I have to admit, not to be persnickety, but I agree with steffen707 here. I am not offended by the title per se, but it does make me a bit uncomfortable... I just feel that the world around is changing and certain vocabulary that was ok before is not anymore... Just my $0.02

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I have to admit, not to be persnickety, but I agree with steffen707 here. I am not offended by the title per se, but it does make me a bit uncomfortable... I just feel that the world around is changing and certain vocabulary that was ok before is not anymore... Just my $0.02
pooh this gif.gif

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Not to brag. but $10k ain't nothin compare to what SoCal dealers asking... $22k over MSRP for LE....
Lotion got nutin on this one...
22K is just shy of my total budget for this whole resto jeep pickup thing. Yowsa.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I agree... @Vismich mind changing the title?

And, I also agree with the majority here. There are documented ways to not pay over MSRP and actually to pay below MSRP.
So if someone pays MSRP or over, they’ve made that choice willingly. No one forced it on them.

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I agree... @Vismich mind changing the title?

And, I also agree with the majority here. There are documented ways to not pay over MSRP and actually to pay below MSRP.
So if someone pays MSRP or over, they’ve made that choice willingly. No one forced it on them.
Or uneducated choice.... so what did I learned from all this? ALWAYS do your research!!!!! It will save you at the end....

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
People do not have the right to never be offended.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Not to hijack the thread, but have a random thought. Why does it seem like in the last couple of years many people are not just offended (or pretend offended) but become "outraged" at just about anything? I don't get it.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Not to hijack the thread, but have a random thought. Why does it seem like in the last couple of years many people are not just offended (or pretend offended) but become "outraged" at just about anything? I don't get it.
This is the internet and there will always be someone who gets offended. Sometimes it's best to take a step back and look at the reality of it .some slang words or words used to mean something else sometimes just get used harmlessly. He could have worded this thread a thousand different ways and I can guarantee that there will be a thousand offended. I try not to use any cuss words on here because I feel it doesn't belong but I won't get offended if someone does. It's life and you can't go around cutting heads at every offence you see fit to be offensive. On this case yes I would say I would like to see a cleaner thread name but eh plywood...

GoneTopless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Asian/European
No surprise you don’t get it Rex

PC culture is not the same as common decency. Talking on the forum like you are sitting around the camp fire with your buddies isn’t appropriate if you employ strong or controversial language or if you take cheap shots at others who aren’t members of the forum. Anyone can do it but most opt not to because it isn’t a healthy habit, it reflects poorly on you, and it suspends content and civility

While PC culture is absurd it isn’t quite as ugly as it’s opposite factor and is the result of historical cultural norms that are no longer acceptable

So being considerate of others when using language is now part of the work place and the internet whether you like it or not. Save the rest for the camp fire

For those that don’t change with the times they become perceived not as truth sayers but more as relics who refuse to accept the inevitable. Besides, illustrating a little integrity isn’t exactly asking a lot is it

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Mob mentality, social media frenzy, etc. I'm not personally offended by anything that has been said on here but I do find some comments in poor taste. Comparing sexual assault to the pricing of a truck is one of those comments. You never know what people have been through or what the impact of your words will be. Trivializing something like rape on a discussion board about a vehicle is maybe not the best approach. You won't see me reporting it or avoiding the thread, but I do think it's poorly thought out hyperbole.
Sponsored