Sponsored

Gladiator: Bed Water Tank

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Anyone mount up a tank against the bed bulk head up where the flowers are in the pic? This seems like it would be perfect for use with a GFC, Super Pacific, Alu-CAB. It would keep the weight lower in the bed and in the center-is of the vehicle.

Alu-Cab has one specifically for the Canopy Camper, but I don't want to mount 20gallons above the bed rail. I like keeping weight low.

I'm thinking something like the Front Runner unit:

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...pright-water-tank-with-two-cut-outs-flat.html
View attachment 398742
View attachment 398743

View attachment 398737
Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
That looks pretty slick. I've been brainstorming ways to bring more water with me. I currently use a 5gal Scepter jug and have been debating going another way. Any idea on the best way to pump water out of that tank?

OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Several ideas. Gravity if you want some sort of spicket on the outside. Or a sureflow pump for powered stuff.

I also want to plumb a clear tube from the bottom edge to the top edge as a “level gauge” so I can see how much is left.
Another idea is plumbing your on board air to the tank with a low pressure regulator to have pressurized water.

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone mount up a tank against the bed bulk head up where the flowers are in the pic? This seems like it would be perfect for use with a GFC, Super Pacific, Alu-CAB. It would keep the weight lower in the bed and in the center-is of the vehicle.

Alu-Cab has one specifically for the Canopy Camper, but I don't want to mount 20gallons above the bed rail. I like keeping weight low.

I'm thinking something like the Front Runner unit:

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...pright-water-tank-with-two-cut-outs-flat.html
View attachment 398742
View attachment 398743

View attachment 398737
on our channel we have a water tank setup on our overland build from fronrunner. Its on our current build video.. Its 20GAL with pump, works very well.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
We actually did pressurize the front runner tank. It worked for a few months but eventually the tank split. Went back to 5 gallon cans in a homemade rack that I installed in the rear for spare water when we're camping. The front runner tank works great though with nothing but gravity. You might want to extend the hose out the rear and expect it to flow rather slowly. also keep in mind you'll have to crack the cap every time you want water to flow. In retrospect I would take a look at pressure sprayer tanks from tractor supply or something similar. simple DC hookup and you have pressurized water coming out with the flick of a switch... Think sprayer tanks. It worked great and was a lot cheaper than the front runner tank even with the 12 volt pump hooked up. Sometimes the best solutions don't come from the so-called expedition overland adventure off-road hype shops. Lots of marketing there.$$$$$.
Yeah this would be my concern. If I'm goign to carry that weight around all the time, I'm going to want to be able to pressurize it to spray down and shower... I think I'd be looking at a stainless tank since I understand aluminum isn't generally recommended for potable water.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Several ideas. Gravity if you want some sort of spicket on the outside. Or a sureflow pump for powered stuff.

I also want to plumb a clear tube from the bottom edge to the top edge as a “level gauge” so I can see how much is left.
Another idea is plumbing your on board air to the tank with a low pressure regulator to have pressurized water.
Yes, I've done all of this already with a write-up = here

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
on our channel we have a water tank setup on our overland build from fronrunner. Its on our current build video.. Its 20GAL with pump, works very well.
Wouldn't happen to have a link to that build video?

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
That looks pretty slick. I've been brainstorming ways to bring more water with me. I currently use a 5gal Scepter jug and have been debating going another way. Any idea on the best way to pump water out of that tank?
For the past several years we have been carrying two scepter water jugs. I've labeled them A and B so that if I need to purify one I can keep track of which one is in progress. Even with a water tank I would carry them because with an ALICE pack frame with a carrier shelf I can carry a full jug for a long distance when a water point takes hiking to travel to. The issue with those big tanks is that unless you find a camper filling point with long hose you aren't able to easily refill it.
Sponsored