Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Ok, thanks so much. You have provided me with a great tool for the negotiation process. I truly appreciate your help.

I have another question (last one for now I promise) IF you have time, if not THANKS for all the input already.

I am trying HARD to dodge the rubi red dash...I see that the 80th edition, willie and the high altitude trims do not have that red dash BUT what do I loose getting one of those trims? I want to get as close the rubi off-road capabilities as I can and am inclined to believe I may have to suffer through the red. I am going through the window stickers of some jeeps online trying to determine what I loose not getting the rubi and I am having a hard time trying to figure it out, Thanks again
Swapping out the ugly red trim is very easy. I’ve had one JLUR and two JLRs and always got them with the gray trim or swapped.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Check for totaled JTs for parts, or look for interior parts for sale, or post a "wanted" in this forum or do what some do - paint....... I've recolored several interiors with SEM products (among other good products) and even got custom mixed paint to match the saddle tan interior of my 70 when I had to replace the dash "crash pad".
These things are SO modular - easier than a lot of even more simple vehicles as far as parts swapping.

Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I am trying HARD to dodge the rubi red dash...I see that the 80th edition, willie and the high altitude trims do not have that red dash BUT what do I loose getting one of those trims? I want to get as close the rubi off-road capabilities as I can and am inclined to believe I may have to suffer through the red.
Meh, you could always buy the Rubicon, and replace with a grey dash... they come up in the classifieds on here from time to time, and should only take about an hour or so to swap. Or, use the panel in front of the passenger to collect stickers from where you and the Jeep go...

Nevada_Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Meh, you could always buy the Rubicon, and replace with a grey dash... they come up in the classifieds on here from time to time, and should only take about an hour or so to swap. Or, use the panel in front of the passenger to collect stickers from where you and the Jeep go...
Thanks for the reply. I am now looking for a 2021 gladiator to avoid the gear steering issue. Will have to settle for white or one of the greys I guess then switch out the red, although the sticker thing could be fun!

bjordan440

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Why is this video not getting any traction? So much great information here. My college buddy is an engineer for Ford and I totally miss our dinner conversations during covid!
Thank you for forwarding this to us. Its a great video!

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Ok, thanks so much. You have provided me with a great tool for the negotiation process. I truly appreciate your help.

I have another question (last one for now I promise) IF you have time, if not THANKS for all the input already.

I am trying HARD to dodge the rubi red dash...I see that the 80th edition, willie and the high altitude trims do not have that red dash BUT what do I loose getting one of those trims? I want to get as close the rubi off-road capabilities as I can and am inclined to believe I may have to suffer through the red. I am going through the window stickers of some jeeps online trying to determine what I loose not getting the rubi and I am having a hard time trying to figure it out, Thanks again
You know what? When I first considered buying my Rubi I agonized over the red dash as well. And I can’t believe I’m saying this but it’s actually grown on me. My wife - who absolutely hated it at first - says the same thing.

Sponsored

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
You know what? When I first considered buying my Rubi I agonized over the red dash as well. And I can’t believe I’m saying this but it’s actually grown on me. My wife - who absolutely hated it at first - says the same thing.
It's super simple to replace the red dash (and other components) with the gray version. They pop off and on easily. Mopar has stock.

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP WRANGLER DIESEL 2121
Occupation
Retired
  • The Mojave was designed around speed desert running (thus the desert rated badge) similar to the marketing around the Ford Raptor. Some of the general differences are:
  • Multiple Frame Reinforcements
  • Fox 2.5 Internal Bypass Shocks with Remote Reservoirs
  • Fox Hydraulic Front Bump Stops
  • Factory-Tuned Custom Performance Springs
  • Cast Steel Knuckles
  • Raised Steel Hood
  • Rear Locker, 2.72 T-Case
  • Performance Steering Wheel, Extra Bolstered Seats w/Orange Stitching, Gunmetal Textured Dash, etc.
We already have a Wrangler Rubicon (JLURD), so Mojave seems like a good backup vehicle, more for on roads.

How much would be needed to buy an after-market front locking differential? Does anyone makes a front locker for Mojave?

unixxx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, Grand Cherokee SRT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
We already have a Wrangler Rubicon (JLURD), so Mojave seems like a good backup vehicle, more for on roads.

How much would be needed to buy an after-market front locking differential? Does anyone makes a front locker for Mojave?
I picked up an Ox Locker for the front of my Mojave (Part # D44-M210-32). ARB also makes one (Part # RD245).

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP WRANGLER DIESEL 2121
Occupation
Retired
How much $ was that front locking differential for a Mojave Gladiator?

if I can add front locker then I’d buy a Mojave instead of the Rubicon (as I do not fully understand or think I’ll need Rubicon’s disconnecting front arm)

unixxx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, Grand Cherokee SRT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
How much $ was that front locking differential for a Mojave Gladiator?

if I can add front locker then I’d buy a Mojave instead of the Rubicon (as I do not fully understand or think I’ll need Rubicon’s disconnecting front arm)
Either locker is $1k. Installation might not be cheap since locker installation requires ring and pinion gear setup, which takes some skill and precision.
Sponsored