Sponsored

Gladiator Diesel with 11 miles on the ODM, but 2.5hr of engine run time??

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
Picked up my new Rubicon Diesel, had 11 miles on the odometer, but shortly after noticed the trip engine run time was 2.5hr.
Did they just leave it running for 2.5hr?

Its a diesel engine and I know its not good to have an engine idling for so long especially when it's brand new.
Thoughts?

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Diesel with 11 miles on the ODM, but 2.5hr of engine run time?? IMG_6174
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I wouldn’t worry about it, lots of time dealers leave cars idling while they clean snow off or while they are being unloaded. That’s not a lot of time.

bentrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
Picked up my new Rubicon Diesel, had 11 miles on the odometer, but shortly after noticed the trip engine run time was 2.5hr.
Did they just leave it running for 2.5hr?

Its a diesel engine and I know its not good to have an engine idling for so long especially when it's brand new.
Thoughts?

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Diesel with 11 miles on the ODM, but 2.5hr of engine run time?? IMG_6174
I wouldn't worry about it at all. A lot of people drive your new Jeep before you get it - I was at the dealer last week and some Gladiators came off the car carrier - they were filthy in and out. For sure had a number of people driving it before it ever made it to the dealer. It happens, part of life, no biggie.
You are right - you should not idle your engine excessively in general - new or old. Just don't make it a habit yourself.
Sponsored