First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ, JKUR, JK Chief
Occupation
Professional Wiffleball Player
Now that the Jeep Gladiator is done. Will a bigger Wrangler be next? Remember the Africa concept?

Jeep-Wrangler-Africa-concept-1031-626x382.jpg

jeep-wrangler-africa-concept.jpg

With that the extended frame for the Gladiator is in production, could a fuller size body be installed on it? Maybe a 3rd row SUV that looks like a Wrangler?

Ford and Chevy sell a ton of longer versions of their Suburbans and Expeditions. This could be the family cruiser for the family that wants a rugged ride still. Even just the extended storage area would be great. Fixed roof? Swing out rear door? Whatever.

Would be odd looking, people will be mad and say it's not a Jeep... but the concept hits a market that Jeep sorely lacks in. The largest SUV is what? The GC?

2019-Jeep-Cherokee-Gallery-Interior-2.jpg.image_.1440-1024x498.jpg

I have kids that play hockey. The GC isn't even something I'd consider.

Heck the Ford Exploder is bigger.
Sponsored

Vox

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR Bear
I'm guessing with a color matched bed cap on the JT it might resemble the Africa concept.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
It would be cheaper to turn the JT into an Africa-like Wagoneer than create a whole new full-size vehicle...

Sponsored

OP
OP
MTH

MTH

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ, JKUR, JK Chief
Occupation
They are going to come out with a new Wagoneer in the coming years that should be larger than the Grand Cherokee.
By the time this ever happens... gas will be expensive again and it will be the Commander - part 2.

Sad part is that if they stuck with the Commander, it would be selling like crazy today.

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
55 Willys Wagon
Well, the 4 door and truck conversion companies such as Bruiser and AEV are running out of Wrangler Customs now that the truck is out. Maybe the'll start focusing on another new niche for Jeep to copy later. Africa, Hi top expedition vehicles, Old style Gladiator front ends, etc.

FrankInNordale

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Well, the 4 door and truck conversion companies such as Bruiser and AEV are running out of Wrangler Customs now that the truck is out. Maybe the'll start focusing on another new niche for Jeep to copy later. Africa, Hi top expedition vehicles, Old style Gladiator front ends, etc.
If I was AEV I would bring back the 2 door Brute.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
From what I'm seeing of AEV, they're just branching out into completely new vehicles... they don't appear to need Jeep anymore.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
The next big vehicle coming out of Jeep will be the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer as of now being released as a 2022 so guessing this means we will see it in 2021. I thought it was decent foreshadowing on jeeps part that the Gladiator was towing a Grand Wagoneer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MTH

MTH

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ, JKUR, JK Chief
Occupation
Wonder why there isn't a Durango version for Jeep with three rows. Seems like an easy way to make a 'Wagoneer' model. Then, whenever Jeep figures it out, offer a larger body Grand Wagoneer.
ZjpTn1r.jpg

It's bigger than the GC.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Done... Jeep Africa Next? {filename}

Jeep could make it a classic easily:
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Done... Jeep Africa Next? {filename}

I assume it's the same underpinnings as the Durango anyway, just that the Durango body is larger.

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
The new Wagoneer is going to be built on the 1500 chassis so I think thats why its taking so long. Similar to how the Suburban is made on the Silverado 1500 chassis

it should be worth the wait then

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
I fell in love with the Africa concept when they revealed it and I was really hoping they would have had a Wrangler variant when the JL was released. Probably one of the coolest concepts they have done.

Dubya_TJ

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 CJ5, 87 YJ, 97 TJ, 98 2dr Cherokee, 99 TJ, 05 TJ Rubicon, 08 WK diesel, 2021 JT diesel
I'm curious how an aftermarket integrated bedcap/hardtop would look and function. It might suit my needs nicely. Obvious concerns about the separate bed/box and how they would flex together.
Sponsored