Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '93 Landcruiser, '77 CJ, '88 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Well if I'm going to have to build this, I'll forgo the side windows and put in a couple gull wing doors, and an Alucab awning. Next I have to figure out the rear entry, how to open up the interior, and build a wedge tent with a push up bed (walk through).
Gladiator Mule III.png
Here's a mock up of the back.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs Gladiator Back.PNG
Sponsored

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
Start the build! Nice.
When my two-tone, 2 door chassis-cab arrives from FCA I am planning on building this with a Total Composite panel kit and Arctic Tern Windows that I already have (bought for my Fuso FG, but sold that truck). The pop-top will be hardsided.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs v2

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
When my two-tone, 2 door chassis-cab arrives from FCA I am planning on building this with a Total Composite panel kit and Arctic Tern Windows that I already have (bought for my Fuso FG, but sold that truck). The pop-top will be hardsided.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs v2
Looking Sweet. Love the low side entry door. Now that’s a real expedition vehicle.

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, I couldn't sleep. Here is a three piece cap with rubber seals at flex joints. The top expands up for a walk through to the front cab. Sleeping two on the bottom and two on the top. Best of all, no modifications to the truck, except taking the tailgate and original hardtop off.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs Mule II

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I like the idea of integration between cab and bed but in practice, I can't imagine the flex between the two would make such a design practical in any way. The only way it would work is a flexible coupling between the two that can allow for the flex.

Best bet will likely be a bed replacement with an extension over the cab to maximize sleeping space if you want the largest accommodations possible.
Not too many people do it these days, but there's quite a few solutions for pass throughs out there. There's also an accordion seal for expedition vehicles that stretches from 2"-6" but it's not as pretty as the pictures below. The flex seal definitely adds another layer of complexity.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs 1623282777463
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs 1623282733109

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
Not too many people do it these days, but there's quite a few solutions for pass throughs out there. There's also an accordion seal for expedition vehicles that stretches from 2"-6" but it's not as pretty as the pictures below. The flex seal definitely adds another layer of complexity.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs jt-kodiak2
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs jt-kodiak2
I have a GoFast Camper coming soon and I’ve been pondering doing this. Pop out the back window or remove the back pannel. Totally not an immediate need, but have dogs and getting AC/heat back there would be nice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have a GoFast Camper coming soon and I’ve been pondering doing this. Pop out the back window or remove the back pannel. Totally not an immediate need, but have dogs and getting AC/heat back there would be nice.
How about calling up Brezzer and have them design a removable window / pass through for the Gladiator Hardtop. I think there would be a lot of buyers for this. I love my Gladiator but hate the tiny rear slide window.

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting close to what I want. Next up is figuring out the back. I really like the Troopy (Landcruiser Troop Carrier) and Land Rover 130 doors on the back, but also love sitting on a tailgate. Here's the Jeep Africa concept. I wish someone produced this back end. I've seen some conversions for a tailgate to swing like a door. Has any one come across something on the market?
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 7.10.01 AM

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a couple concepts for the interior. The upper bed gets pushed up for the walkthrough, when you're not sleeping.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs 1623336484630

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs 1623336360164

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
I wish someone produced this back end. I've seen some conversions for a tailgate to swing like a door. Has any one come across something on the market?
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs 1623336360164
You should check out this Thread on the Expo Portal as the OP 'jscherb' makes a crazy amount of very cool things. (Warning that thread is 320 pages long, so have plenty of time, lots of coffee, and some snacks :surprised: )

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
If you want 4 doors, but more room, how about this style?
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs keeping 4 doors

If a wimpy LR does not have a problem with 'flex', certainly a herculean JT will not have a problem
Sponsored