Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '93 Landcruiser, '77 CJ, '88 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
You should check out this Thread on the Expo Portal as the OP 'jscherb' makes a crazy amount of very cool things. (Warning that thread is 320 pages long, so have plenty of time, lots of coffee, and some snacks :surprised: )
I love this forum! Ask and you will receive an answer. Plenty of barn door options on that forum.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs 1623361920297
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
A few more ideas for the slide-in style
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs c4

4 door

The pop-out sides on this one are so you could sleep east-west instead of north-south

Or you could go all-in for maxi-room :idea:
Alright, if I want a slide in, I would definitely call Alucab and ask if the
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 10.01.27 PM
Tacoma Khaya Camper fits a Gladiator. I think it will, but may be a bit heavy. My EVO lift rear springs would probably handle the weight, but I am pretty hung up with making the first light weight pass through Gladiator with a bed up top. Alu cab could trim some weight by eliminating the side gear boxes from the design. I like the extended length and ability to hang my spare tire from the barn door on back. They also make some very cool Land Rover and Toyota Troopy Roof conversions.

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have a GoFast Camper coming soon and I’ve been pondering doing this. Pop out the back window or remove the back pannel. Totally not an immediate need, but have dogs and getting AC/heat back there would be nice.
We need someone to figure out a pass through on a Gladiator. Go for it!

Sponsored

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
Not sure what his endgame is, but the dude in Down2Mob is building his Gladiator. He had a built Ram before and was living out of the Gladiator with a RTT. I'm curious to see how his build looks.

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
Not sure what his endgame is, but the dude in Down2Mob is building his Gladiator. He had a built Ram before and was living out of the Gladiator with a RTT. I'm curious to see how his build looks.
He is having Bison build him a cabin. This is his posted plan.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs d2n

I would venture to guess that it will be different than that. That box as drawn is about 6' long, 5' wide, and 5' high.

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
but I am pretty hung up with making the first light weight pass through Gladiator with a bed up top
Roger that! I am saving my money to put a deposit on a Jeep Grand Gladiator* with a lifting roof.

* Registered trademark of Rubi_Rhod

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

I've been watching his thread in anticipation.

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Roger that! I am saving my money to put a deposit on a Jeep Grand Gladiator* with a lifting roof.

* Registered trademark of Rubi_Rhod
I love the name "Jeep Grand Gladiator"!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just insert Gladiator front end and push up top and we are there... Jeep Grand Gladiator.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 6.54.28 AM

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a well thought out layout from Goose fit to the Gladiator bed. Buying it would make the build a lot easier, but $$. Just need to add some cushions to sit on top, add a swing table, and build the front bench that sits over the bulkhead/back seats.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 7.04.25 AM

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
Here's a well thought out layout from Goose fit to the Gladiator bed. Buying it would make the build a lot easier, but $$. Just need to add some cushions to sit on top, add a swing table, and build the front bench that sits over the bulkhead/back seats.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 7.04.25 AM
They make awesome stuff. But its that underplate that makes their system, as everything mounts to the base plate keeping it all good and tight and secure.

Although Ive seen a few peeps makes some cool stuff DIY with 20/20 extrusion bought and cut online to spec, to have similar execution to Goose.

I kinda want to go with that Goose type setup. While I would love to write a check and get it perfect, half the point of all this is to learn some new fab skills and such. Even if it’s partially behind a computer to design parts to then assemble myself, that’s what is available now a days and its super cool to just mail order custom fabricated metal and plastic to your door.

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
Just insert Gladiator front end and push up top and we are there... Jeep Grand Gladiator.
Don't overlook that if you want more full-length headroom with your lifting roof, you can go for the double angled style
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs q1

On a 2-door
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs q5

Or full length all the way to the front (although I like the idea of leaving the front 'freedom panels' in place, so you can still go top-less and much less chance of wind noise from the 'new top'.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs q3

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs q2

As you can see in the above photos they used the stock bed but added about a 30cm 'kicker' to the back. By adding the kicker, besides overall more room, there is enough length for a lower sleeping area and you can build the back wall to fit an existing 'barn door' instead of trying to get a custom door build. Usually, the door frame is easier to build than the door.

And depending on your AO, there is the option of hard sides on the raising-roof for better insulation and much-much less noise when it is windy.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs q4

I have a metric-boatload of photos I took at the 2018 Abenteuer & Allrad Show in Bad Kissingen. So as not to hijack this thread I'll make a google file to share and send the link via PM.