Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '93 Landcruiser, '77 CJ, '88 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It's hard to beat a $25 Amazon water dispenser for a faucet. This is a simple, cheap, cool idea. I might have to try this.

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Here's some more ideas. I'm thinking about one of these collapsable plastic sinks. I have to figure out if I want to dump to outside, or use a grey tank. I don't think I want a grey tank, since the water usage will be minimal.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 7.19.05 AM
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 7.05.04 AM

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
New topper! Great video, if you can get passed the man bun 🤣

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Now this was a fun project! This water dispenser didn’t fit the 5 gallon jug, but luckily I had some tubing laying around that joined the two together perfectly.

43915B8F-B9A2-49C5-A6C6-DF4E0138089E.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Try twisting the spout around 180 degrees and setting can horizontal, might fit better. You do know you are starting to annoy all of us with your talents, that just don't stop! Can't you do some of us a favor and set the bar a little lower, oh yeah as always ...Damn nice job Mike......Jack

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My dispenser's bottom ring was too far away from the Scepter to get a friction fit. I slipped on the tube below onto the Dispenser nub and it fits tight inside the Scepter outlet. It's pretty tight and I can't imagine it would fall off. I think each dispenser bottom is a little bit taller/different, so one solution might not fit all.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_7320.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_7321.JPG

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry it's bin a while since I posted. I'm waiting for my memory foam mattress to be delivered before I take my camper on it's first overnight outing. It should arrive next week. I went for a 4" memory foam mattress. I debated quite a while on this. I love my memory foam mattress topper on my bed at home, but I've heard that when camping in cold temperatures, memory foam can be hard. I'll give you my review, in a couple weeks, as the temps are hitting 40 degrees at night, and I still don't have heat in the camper. Bow season for deer is open in Missouri now, so I'll be spending quite a few nights at deer camp, testing the camper.

This is what I bought. A bit pricy but I do love memory foam.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 9.19.20 PM

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
All right I need some help again on the subject of an overlanding toilet. Look, I'm a dude that is pretty comfortable carrying a roll of TP and sitting on a downed tree in the woods. For some reason, this isn't acceptable to my wife and daughter.

My simple solution is a Lug a Loo with biodegradable potty bags. It's mostly my property I camp on, so I just bury the bio bags. I'm curious about Porta potties, but do I really want to dump all that sewage in a toilet??

Let me know what you use!! This should be a fun subject.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 9.43.06 PM

Last edited:

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
I just use that ^ bucket with the seat top. Works great lol.

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
All right I need some help again on the subject of an overloading toilet. Look, I'm a dude that is pretty comfortable carrying a roll of TP and sitting on a downed tree in the woods. For some reason, this isn't acceptable to my wife and daughter.

My simple solution is a Lug a Loo with biodegradable potty bags. It's mostly my property I camp on, so I just bury the bio bags. I'm curious about Porta potties, but do I really want to dump all that sewage in a toilet??

Let me know what you use!! This should be a fun subject.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 9.43.06 PM.png
Well, luckily you can bury it. My first experience with this method was a disaster. I put our waste bags (the kind that have gel and double seal) in my trasharoo to take somewhere for disposal. Guess what? The bags ripped open and leaked. I ended up throwing away the whole trasharoo and getting a new one. I’m still thinking about what to do next time. 🤢

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
What we use . Used it for 3 days with 6 people double garbage bags and kitty litter. Threw it away when we got home. Put the lid back on the home Depot can before we left. Seemed to be a pretty solid setup.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs Screenshot_20220929-210120

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
I will just say that memory foam + winter = abject misery. Consider having a cold weather backup solution. No joke, it's terrible. I only had a 2" memory foam topper in my old truck but ffffff.... Imagine sleeping on plywood, frozen hard, pulling heat out of your body at a rate you didn't think possible from a mattress. Then eventually you sort kinda melt a hole into it and sink down into the hole, which maintains a steep sidewall uphill to the frozen plywood sections. Rolling over is deadly...

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I will just say that memory foam + winter = abject misery. Consider having a cold weather backup solution. No joke, it's terrible. I only had a 2" memory foam topper in my old truck but ffffff.... Imagine sleeping on plywood, frozen hard, pulling heat out of your body at a rate you didn't think possible from a mattress. Then eventually you sort kinda melt a hole into it and sink down into the hole, which maintains a steep sidewall uphill to the frozen plywood sections. Rolling over is deadly...
Had a memory foam in our motorhome. Got rid of it for a sleep number for the same reason. When they're cold, it's like sleeping on concrete. And they take forever to thaw out. Had more blankets under us than on top.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Well, luckily you can bury it. My first experience with this method was a disaster. I put our waste bags (the kind that have gel and double seal) in my trasharoo to take somewhere for disposal. Guess what? The bags ripped open and leaked. I ended up throwing away the whole trasharoo and getting a new one. I’m still thinking about what to do next time. 🤢
Make your kids empty the trasharoo? :LOL:
Sponsored