Gladiator Expedition Rigs

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Very curious to see how that holds up in the nightly 50+mph winds in the Mojave lol
Sponsored

Redruby

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Good point, a little too tall, would really like to see one in person and get to the top

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '93 Landcruiser, '77 CJ, '88 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This is a bit off subject, but it's mushroom hunting time. While I'm in the woods, I'm always looking for mushrooms. I found a nice 4 lb. Chicken of the Woods. it was so good!

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9933
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9934.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9936.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9937.JPG

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Redarc is finally in the portable power supply game. The nice bit about this is the 500amp vehicle recharging rate. Most trucks with tow packages have 400 amp alternators so this is a great package. This sure makes a dual battery system easy.

https://www.redarcelectronics.com/au/goblock

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs Screen Shot 2024-05-18 at 6.53.58 AM

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I was just thinking about one of the best hacks on my build.

If you own a pickup, you probably love a tailgate as much as I do. It's a work, kitchen, and dining table as well as a bench seat. Hell, Land Rover, Land Cruiser (some) and Wrangler owners have to add a fold down table since they don't have tailgates.

Only problem is, I completely hate kneeling on my tailgate to get in the bed or to jump up and sit on it.

If you own a pickup, you should consider getting a tailgate pad and/or carpet the tailgate. It is so nice to have this DIY tailgate pad.

It also helps when I need to crawl under the truck! My knees are getting old.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9948.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9949.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Mike, it is a cheaper solution but my shins would be beat to hell using it!
I bought a ARB1250 awning from Northridge on a black Friday sale for $170 4' wide by 8', perfect for over the tailgate going out eight feet, not heavy and won't take up space inside. I'm going to make a quick disconnect bracket using carriage head bolts and keyhole slots with stainless push pins to lock it in. Got my solar panel system done finally and awning is next.........Jack

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Mike, it is a cheaper solution but my shins would be beat to hell using it!
I bought a ARB1250 awning from Northridge on a black Friday sale for $170 4' wide by 8', perfect for over the tailgate going out eight feet, not heavy and won't take up space inside. I'm going to make a quick disconnect bracket using carriage head bolts and keyhole slots with stainless push pins to lock it in. Got my solar panel system done finally and awning is next.........Jack
Pictures please, Jack. I’m curious about your solar.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Zamp Solar 100watt panel through a 10amp controller. Panel is mounted on my RSI cap, I used an extra set of low profile mounts to avoid any flexing, turned out very solid. Picture was taken at my house in the woods on a mildly cloudy day . Highest I saw was
5.3 amps which is what the panel output is!
I have Genesis dual battery under the hood feeding a Voswitch system.I use my Jeep for surf fishing and turkey hunting, have a ARB Elements fridge which really is my draw have an air compressor, putting in red and white lights, kitchen slide is getting close now, which will have a sink and water pump. Chorky helped me with my design and size , most times I can be plugged in at our permanent camper by the beach so the AGM battery works for me. Zamp is pretty cool USA made entire system panel mounting feet connecting cable and controller weighed 15 pounds, they have blems and that’s what I went with the obison panel is only .69” high and ten pounds , most panel are much heavier and 1.5” high.
Fridge eliminated my need for a cooler rack with heavy cooler, just reach through side window for bait and food. I figure the new smaller rod rack ,no cooler hanging on front might have offset the about 30 pounds of the 90 lbs. of fridge and bracket , plus no ice is huge ……Jack

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg

IMG_1033.jpeg

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Old cooler rack and new rod rack, only put the Jersey plate on when hitting Jersey or NC plate at the outer banks, figure it will block some air to radiator.
IMG_0903.jpeg
IMG_2155.jpeg

My old rack is running the beach’s in Jersey on a black High Altitude Glady.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Zamp Solar 100watt panel through a 10amp controller. Panel is mounted on my RSI cap, I used an extra set of low profile mounts to avoid any flexing, turned out very solid. Picture was taken at my house in the woods on a mildly cloudy day . Highest I saw was
I have Genesis dual battery under the hood feeding a Voswitch system.I use my Jeep for surf fishing and turkey hunting, have a ARB Elements fridge which really is my draw have an air compressor, putting in red and white lights, kitchen slide is getting close now, which will have a sink and water pump. Chorky helped me with my design and size , most times I can be plugged in at our permanent camper by the beach so the AGM battery works for me. Zamp is pretty cool USA made entire system panel mounting feet connecting cable and controller weighed 15 pounds, they have blems and that’s what I went with the obison panel is only .69” high and ten pounds , most panel are much heavier and 1.5” high.
Fridge eliminated my need for a cooler rack with heavy cooler, just reach through side window for bait and food. I figure the new smaller rod rack ,no cooler hanging on front might have offset the about 30 pounds of the 90 lbs. of fridge and bracket , plus no ice is huge ……Jack

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg

IMG_1033.jpeg
Awesome rig Jack!! I didn't know they made boats for the beach:)

Can't wait to see the kitchen setup.

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
All the rain in the Midwest has started up the mushroom season. Here's some Coral mushrooms I found on my property yesterday. I made Coral mushroom & Venison last night.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9952

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg

IMG_1033.jpeg
Nice looking solar setup Jack! Why did you go with a solid solar panel instead of a cheaper flexible panel?

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs Screen Shot 2024-06-04 at 6.28.39 AM

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs Screen Shot 2024-06-04 at 6.54.04 AM

Last edited:

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
The blem panel is $250 , solid frame with air space under it. There are posts about flexible panels failing as the heat build up under it can be a lot. No worrying about finish on cap over time if water gets under it. No worry about glue sticking or failing.
But I have no problem with others going with the flexible glue on ones, and in your case you could put it on the front edge of your cap and bend it over, but I am sure we think somewhat a like and why have it slightly vertical and able to be hit by debris or tree branches, when it can be invisible on top of your camper. You could put either style up on top and even get perhaps 300 watts of solar, then you could power that off road two person hot tub trailer you are thinking about !
All good my friend always read your posts!….Jack
Sponsored