First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Operations tech
I looking for some information on Gladiator Hoods. I am wanting to get a Rubicon hood for my Sport S Max Tow. However I believe that my hood is aluminum - Can anyone confirm Gladiator hoods are Aluminum. Second - I am looking for where I can buy a OEM Rubicon hood that is Aluminum as well to save on weight. an anyone help?
Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
The rubicon hood is steel. The shipping weight of the hood is 29lbs. That does not seem real heavy to me.

there are a ton of aftermarket hoods available. Google search will give you lots of options.

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I think I tried doing a magnet test on my hood when I got it, and it failed. So the Sport hoods are not steel.

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
The rubicon hood is steel ...
My Rubicon hood does not pass the magnet test, so is either aluminum or stainless steel (very unlikely.)

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Rubicon hoods are in fact steel but its a special steel they mine near the rubicon trail. Its non magnetic and lighter than conventional steel so it seems like its just aluminum, but in fact its rubicon steel. If you ask Mopar corporate they will deny it and just tell you its aluminum because they don't want Ford finding out about it.

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Rubicon hoods are in fact steel but its a special steel they mine near the rubicon trail. Its non magnetic and lighter than conventional steel so it seems like its just aluminum, but in fact its rubicon steel. If you ask Mopar corporate they will deny it and just tell you its aluminum because they don't want Ford finding out about it.
That tracks.

giphy.gif

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase
mojave hood is a real steel,
doors & tailgate not steel
truck bed is steel
fenders & quarter panels are plastic

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Eerily similar to vibranium, must be what this fella is made of.

c1eafed6410744529f64eeadb960762clg.png

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
I found out at a funeral there is nowhere to put the "FUNERAL" Magnet on the gladiator except my aftermarket bumper and it wasn't visible there.
Sponsored