Not open for further replies.

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
I heard the 2021 2dr Jeep J6 truck is going to get power wagon axles, 37s from the factory, and a Hemi. All for $30,000! It will also hold DOUBLE the plywood of the Gladiator.

Take that 4dr guys...
Yep - I'll bet we're getting the longer bed that we wanted!!!!

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG
yeah this straight line body line screams 2 door Gladiator!

2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB Easter Jeep Safari Concept1.jpg

Limamikemike

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Powerwagon
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Yep - I'll bet we're getting the longer bed that we wanted!!!!
Wouldn’t it be a kicker if they intro’d the two door...with a five foot bed?

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Wouldn’t it be a kicker if they intro’d the two door...with a five foot bed?
I'd settle for Ford suicide-style quad-door and a 6ft-ish (70") Bed -- as long as they Slightly Shorten the wheelbase !
OR even a 2 door but LIKE the (my old) 2003 DODGE (RAM) 1500 -- with the LARGE storage space behind the seats ! Gotta have a "decent" space behind the head rest - to claustrophobic otherwise !

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I'd settle for Ford suicide-style quad-door and a 6ft-ish (70") Bed -- as long as they Slightly Shorten the wheelbase !
OR even a 2 door but LIKE the (my old) 2003 DODGE (RAM) 1500 -- with the LARGE storage space behind the seats ! Gotta have a "decent" space behind the head rest - to claustrophobic otherwise !
That math doesn’t pencil out - you can’t add 10” to the bed *and* shorten the wheelbase while still having any room at all for suicide doors and rear seats.

Realistically, you could chop 6-8” off the cab and still keep the rear seats if you were willing to make them ‘toddler-only’ grocery shelf style rear seats, but at that point why bother with rear seats at all - you’re still not chopping the frame up and adding 10” to the bed.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That math doesn’t pencil out - you can’t add 10” to the bed *and* shorten the wheelbase while still having any room at all for suicide doors and rear seats.

Realistically, you could chop 6-8” off the cab and still keep the rear seats if you were willing to make them ‘toddler-only’ grocery shelf style rear seats, but at that point why bother with rear seats at all - you’re still not chopping the frame up and adding 10” to the bed.
Well . . . I'm not implying my ideas are my engineered drawings, silly . But generally speaking, as I was, I DO believe The Engineers COULD come up with the right Dimensions to do what I've suggested . . . and it wouldn't be a Difficult task ! The Moab EJS Concepts we have been seeing hints of seem to imply some sort of shortened JT . . . guess we'll just have to wait and see what they come up with to tease us for a few more years ! ?
But if you show us your "penciled out" facts & figures that disprove my suggestions / hope-fores, think we all would enjoy that ! ? :) :like:
Thursday morning edit -- ?? "hope-fores ?? What the hell spell check ? Now your trying to contemplate my very thoughts too ?? :swear: AI you SUCK ! . . . now I can't even remember what the word is supposed to be ? . . . AI you SUCK again ! :headbang: :swear:

Last edited:

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
I don't know if this was posted else where but it looks pretty interesting.
I wonder how big of a lift and tires that is??

Raven257

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 2500
I think he said a 6" lift and 40 or 44" tires. It's for the jeep safari.

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase

I could see an extended cab with 6.5 ft bed. This would allow the use of the same gladiator frame, driveline, etc. yes, my photoshop sucks

Untitled.jpg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I could see an extended cab with 6.5 ft bed. This would allow the use of the same gladiator frame, driveline, etc. yes, my photoshop sucks

Untitled.jpg
Maybe AEV will make a Brutus, to shorten the cab and lengthen the bed just for 2015er?

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250

Untitled.jpg
Yes, that could absolutely work, but it's not what the poster I was responding to was asking for - it has no suicdie doors, no rear seat, and is not on a shortened frame. What you've described and 'shopped, unlike the GP, sounds actually possible.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I don't know if this was posted else where but it looks pretty interesting.
NO, but I made reference to EVO's forthcoming build for Moab's EJS mid-April a few days ago . Thanks for posting, another case of where IF I'd seen first, would of reached out to you guys to POST it, as I am just plain dumb at it ! I haven't looked at this video yet . . . but when the build is complete EVO plans to have it at the event and USE it there ! Should be way cool to see ! NOT something I'd consider doing to a Sport S for obvious reasons - $$$$, + no need for it, WAY TO BALLSY for my taste !

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maybe AEV will make a Brutus, to shorten the cab and lengthen the bed just for 2015er?
Boy now THAT's gonna COST ya - $$$$$ ! ? But, let's give Manley's Jeep Crew the "opportunity" to reinvent the wheel for, say 2021 ? I won't / can't wait that long . . . been waiting too long as it is . . . time for ME to go live life, while there's still life to be lived ! ;)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.