OP
Dovi82

Dovi82

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S (STOCK) 2014 Jeep JK (NOT STOCK)
Occupation
Wouldn't you like to know.
I'm going with the extended warranty and plan never to work on it.

Every car gets more complicated and harder to work on, every time. The JT/JL got far more complicated and crowded than the JK. That's the cost of "progress," however you measure that.
How much was the extended warranty and what does it cover?
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Around $1800 for bumper to bumper, OEM extension to 80k miles. I don't recall the exact options, do a little searching for OEM warranty sellers. I didn't buy it yet, you can buy any time during the first year with no penalty. There's a particular seller recommended highly on this site, but now I can't remember the name.

OP
OP
Dovi82

Dovi82

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Around $1800 for bumper to bumper, OEM extension to 80k miles. I don't recall the exact options, do a little searching for OEM warranty sellers. I didn't buy it yet, you can buy any time during the first year with no penalty. There's a particular seller recommended highly on this site, but now I can't remember the name.
If you do can you send it, because I went online and there are a bunch of "jeep" warranties.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Found the thread with the info:

[email protected]
Dec 5, 2019, 4:37 PM

to me

No problem,

The 8/60K miles option is $1020, and the 8/75K miles is $1240. The 8/85K $200 deductible is $1375. Hope this helps!

Tom Winkels 269-488-2080.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Great thread. The good news? That starter may never go bad since it was made to restart at every stoplight. But these topics have a scary end version. AI designed half these things, and it did so without the human hand in mind. Rutroh. Wrong turn

Sponsored

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
4.7 L Toyota Tundra Starter, must be a shared design between the two manufactures :angry:

IMG_1078.jpg
Wow! I mostly owned American cars so I am not familiar with this. It just seems wrong on so many levels. I actually haven't changed a starter in decades but I probably would never have found this one.

OP
OP
Dovi82

Dovi82

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Great thread. The good news? That starter may never go bad since it was made to restart at every stoplight. But these topics have a scary end version. AI designed half these things, and it did so without the human hand in mind. Rutroh. Wrong turn
AI is a very scary subject. It is a slippery slope!

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
The most obvious to me is the refrigerant lines across the passenger side cylinder bank. Going to have to drain the A/C system to change the spark plugs?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
The most obvious to me is the refrigerant lines across the passenger side cylinder bank. Going to have to drain the A/C system to change the spark plugs?
Since the plugs are on a 100k or when told interval, how much of a problem is this really? And the lines have play for service.

Do service events at least a decade in the future keep you up at night?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dovi82

Dovi82

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Since the plugs are on a 100k or when told interval, how much of a problem is this really? And the lines have play for service.

Do service events at least a decade in the future keep you up at night?
Since owning my 14JK I had to replace the alternator, starter, o2 sensors, and the catalytic converter. only the catalytic converter was covered and that's because I threatened them with the federal mandate. last week I found out my compression in cylinder 3 was 45-60PSI well below standard and my oil housing assembly cracked.

I just changed the head gasket on my 14Jk today (still need to put it completely back together, the head is back on but the rest isn't). I want to keep these Jeeps running till I get to old to do stuff on my own. To get to the Head gasket on the 3.6 you have to take out 35% of the engine bay. Spark plugs are easy, but if you have a bad rocker (which is common with the 3.6) or the oil housing cracks (which mine did too and is popular with the 3.6) you will have to pay a lot. I was quoted $2500 for someone to change out the head gasket and that is the lower end price. Hopefully when its all put back together it runs well.

The thing about cars is stuff happens out of our control or someone on the assembly line was like "eh its someone else problem, I want to leave for the day" and warranties expire fast and to get them to do it is an act of God. So yes... keeping vehicles up and running does keep me up at night because the depreciation of a car is great compared to other high priced items. I want to earn my antique plates

My buddy who I trust said that the modern car can go 50 years or 500,000 miles if you take care of it and change fluids on time with the exception of wearable parts.
Sponsored