First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 RAM, 12 Tahoe, 97 TJ [RIP 99 XJ ton's and 35's]
Vehicle Showcase
I reached out to a local dealer today.

I talked to the sales manager and he knew nothing regarding the JT.

I asked when order banks will open, again no idea.

I gave him all my contact info, and I was “put on the list” to be notified when banks open.

More to come.
Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I reached out to a local dealer today.

I talked to the sales manager and he knew nothing regarding the JT.

I asked when order banks will open, again no idea.

I gave him all my contact info, and I was “put on the list” to be notified when banks open.

More to come.
Yea actually had my local Jeep dealer “expert salesman” tell me the JT is only a rumor at this point and the reveal at the auto show is likely a concept Jeep. The real JT will come out with the Dakota. He thought I should go ahead and take a great deal on a left over JK. I thanked him for his “expert” advice. Lol.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Yea actually had my local Jeep dealer “expert salesman” tell me the JT is only a rumor at this point and the reveal at the auto show is likely a concept Jeep. The real JT will come out with the Dakota. He thought I should go ahead and take a great deal on a left over JK. I thanked him for his “expert” advice. Lol.
I got a good laugh out of that but it sounds about right for most dealership salesmen. Sorry you had to deal with that but thank you for sharing.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
I got a good laugh out of that but it sounds about right for most dealership salesmen. Sorry you had to deal with that but thank you for sharing.
Had a similar experience buying 1st yr Libby all those years ago...sometimes shocked by the "experts".

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I helped him out and sent him the reveal link. When I dropped by the dealership today he was a bit sheepish, at least he watched it and let me crawl around the JL without bugging me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

fjwagner

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler JK Sport
I called my dealership and they all had watched the Reveal Show live so I guess mine is on top of things and put me on their call list for when the ordering may commence.

OP
OP

JJStasen

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update:

I am on the list for three local dealers.

No information yet on when the banks open, or if any of them are willing to do any percentage below invoice.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JJStasen

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just spoke to a salesman from Collins Brothers Jeep.

He said that they should be getting pricing on Thursday (12/06/2018)

They expect to get their first JT in six weeks.

Collins Bros Jeep

3101 W, FM 544, Wylie, TX 75098

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I just spoke to a salesman from Collins Brothers Jeep.

He said that they should be getting pricing on Thursday (12/06/2018)

They expect to get their first JT in six weeks.

Collins Bros Jeep

3101 W, FM 544, Wylie, TX 75098
6 weeks:giggle::cwl:. Why would they think that? That would be the middle of January, FCA clearly said Q2 which is April at the earliest. While I would love to see a JT on the lot sooner I just don't believe it. In fact I would be very leery of any additional information that dealer provides. I might give them a one time pass, but I don't do business with dealers that will say what the customer wants to hear, I would much rather have them tell me they don't know than make something up.

OP
OP

JJStasen

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did question him regarding what FCA has said and he stuck to his story.

He said that Dennis has more information but it can't be released to the public yet.

Time will tell

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
6 weeks:giggle::cwl:. Why would they think that? That would be the middle of January, FCA clearly said Q2 which is April at the earliest. While I would love to see a JT on the lot sooner I just don't believe it. In fact I would be very leery of any additional information that dealer provides. I might give them a one time pass, but I don't do business with dealers that will say what the customer wants to hear, I would much rather have them tell me they don't know than make something up.
I agree with the Q2 statement for the JT and while I have never dealt with Collins Brother Jeep I do know that they have great reviews specifically on price and salesmanship from other Jeep forums. So it's interesting that this was put out. But let us know as soon as you hear anything else.

OP
OP

JJStasen

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Will do.

It's a bit far from OKC, but if CBJ can get my JT ordered first I'll make the drive to pick it up.
Sponsored