Sponsored

Gladiator overland best mud flaps

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Not sure mud flaps will do much if you have the oem running board style steps, the steps provide a lot of protection to the side of the JT, I have them on mine and the sides stay pretty clean.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure mud flaps will do much if you have the oem running board style steps, the steps provide a lot of protection to the side of the JT, I have them on mine and the sides stay pretty clean.
They do make a difference on mine esp. further back from the front tires. Plus theres a bit of a gap I no longer get sand and slush through.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator overland best mud flaps 20191123_114243

UncleChanBlake

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport
Occupation
Education
At least the MOPAR ones come with new POM rivets - I suspect the WeatherTech do as well?
The weather tech ones I installed have the pl ok
At least the MOPAR ones come with new POM rivets - I suspect the WeatherTech do as well?
The Weather Tech have the plastic car body retainer clips, screws and bolts, and some screws with threaded metal clips. The MOPAR, as you said, have the POM rivets.

OP
OP

Mr.Handsome

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator overland
Does anyone know what the name of the part is that is removed in order to install the RokBlokz? Mine got tossed and it might be a good idea to have the oem bracket on hand

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone know what the name of the part is that is removed in order to install the RokBlokz? Mine got tossed and it might be a good idea to have the oem bracket on hand
If I remember right when I installed mine it was just a shield for debri and rocks for the electronics and connectors. The back fender bracket will provide the same protection. Here are pics of mine with some markings.

20210210_110543.jpg

20210210_110605.jpg

20210210_110615.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mr.Handsome

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator overland
Thanks. Wasn’t there also a retainer bar that held the exhaust in place from shifting upwards?

Roklok

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Mopar on my Overland. Dealer put them on for free (?) when I bought it. No complaints.

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks. Wasn’t there also a retainer bar that held the exhaust in place from shifting upwards?
This was the only part I removed when installing the rear brackets. I would assume all the exhaust brackets and what not would be on the inside frame rails.

SWFloridaHank

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude and 2024 Willys
Occupation
Retired
Good day, I realize this thread started a while ago, but I have a quick follow-up question. I checked the Weathertech site, and they have mud flaps for the Overland but when I select the High Altitude model it states they are not available. Not sure what the difference is since my recently purchased 2023 Overland has the High Altitude package listed as a $7,500 option but I'm not sure what the difference is in fender flares. I removed the OEM side steps so that's not going to be an issue. Anyone running the Weathertech's on a HA model?

If they don't fit, I'll use the MOPAR versions. Thanks

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Good day, I realize this thread started a while ago, but I have a quick follow-up question. I checked the Weathertech site, and they have mud flaps for the Overland but when I select the High Altitude model it states they are not available. Not sure what the difference is since my recently purchased 2023 Overland has the High Altitude package listed as a $7,500 option but I'm not sure what the difference is in fender flares. I removed the OEM side steps so that's not going to be an issue. Anyone running the Weathertech's on a HA model?

If they don't fit, I'll use the MOPAR versions. Thanks
The steps aren't the issue - the fender flares likely are. Because the HA version of Overland has the wider axles, you'll have the wider fender flares to compensate for the wider wheelbase.
I bet if you called and talked to Weathertech, they'd have an answer. Likely the web site is behind or just that they won't advertise something to fit on the web site, but someone knows what will work.
The side steps or running boards are not an issue for any splash guard/mud flap I'm aware of.

I have MOPAR guards on my Overland.
I got Weathertech for my wife's Rubicon JLU 4xe because we couldn't figure out what MOPAR guards would work - there was a lot of confusion there as to what fit a 4xe. Never did figure out the difference. I think it was just that no one had tested them on the 4xe. The Rubicon splash guards from Weathertech fit perfectly.

Sponsored

SWFloridaHank

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the feedback Bill. Just got off the phone with Weathertech and they stated that neither the regular nor Rubicon version of their mud flaps would work. It's interesting since the MOPAR site only lists one set of Splash Guards with a disclaimer that the rear set will not fit a Rubicon. Based on that, it appears MOPAR front splash guards fit all models, Sport, HA and Rubicon. Strange.

SWFloridaHank

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Okay, another update. I ordered these from Amazon, and they do not fit.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator overland best mud flaps 1696085143827

I also heard from Benny at All MOPAR Parts, and he stated that they only list the rear splash guards for the wide axle Gladiators, part #82216377AB. Based on the fitment guide I'm guessing the High Altitude has the same rear flares as the Rubicon and Mojave, the front flares are not "high fender" type. So, I will order MOPAR for the rear and find something else for the front. The RokBlokz look a bit too "chunky" to me. I'm surprised there isn't a MOPAR, Weathertech, or other vendor making front mud guards for the wide axle gladiator.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator overland best mud flaps 1696085635143

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator overland best mud flaps 1696085826881
Sponsored