Mud Flaps

NC_Gladiato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Well I bit into the expensive bullet and ordered a set and will install...at least untill when Weathertite or Mopar comes out with something...

:clap:

Post pictures when you get them installed!
Sponsored

NC_Gladiato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hello, I have a stock Mojave and like the overall look of the Rokblokz and wondered if both the Regular Original and the XL Original provide good anti-spray coverage from the front wheels (primarily) and rears I suppose? As well, I was thinking of trying to cut my own from what looks like very similar material that I have on hand. So, would anyone be willing to provide an approximate measurement for how much flap drops below the wheel flair and flairs out from the side or an approximate length x width? A picture of a tape measure / ruler overlay would be fantastic, but Iā€™d of course appreciate whatever anyone has time for.
Thanks!

Here is a thread specifically about Mojave splash guards. Most of it is Rokblokz related.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/mojave-splash-guards.33902/

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Since I asked in this thread. Here is how the ace rails and rock blokz fit together perfectly fine.
Jeep Gladiator Mud Flaps PXL_20220115_211505986

Sponsored

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Hello, I have a stock Mojave and like the overall look of the Rokblokz and wondered if both the Regular Original and the XL Original provide good anti-spray coverage from the front wheels (primarily) and rears I suppose? As well, I was thinking of trying to cut my own from what looks like very similar material that I have on hand. So, would anyone be willing to provide an approximate measurement for how much flap drops below the wheel flair and flairs out from the side or an approximate length x width? A picture of a tape measure / ruler overlay would be fantastic, but Iā€™d of course appreciate whatever anyone has time for.
Thanks!
I have XL/Long on front. Flap is 14ā€ below fender and 2.5ā€ outside from fender edge.
Jeep Gladiator Mud Flaps 8DF4B66B-68D8-4CA4-B0B6-2C91A410BAF0
Jeep Gladiator Mud Flaps 8FB38D24-EB84-495A-9473-33FC32235A5F
Jeep Gladiator Mud Flaps E18D8BED-8E9B-409F-9C40-D8A6CB8800AE

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
I have XL/Long on front. Flap is 14ā€ below fender and 2.5ā€ outside from fender edge.
Thank you for your measurement.
Thank you for your follow up and measurements. sorryabout my tardy follow up, just been busy. Are you still using 33ā€ tires and do You like the length or have any thoughts of shortening them? Thanks!

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Thank you for your measurement.

Thank you for your follow up and measurements. sorryabout my tardy follow up, just been busy. Are you still using 33ā€ tires and do You like the length or have any thoughts of shortening them? Thanks!
Those are 35s on there in the pictures. Havenā€™t thought about shortening them. I like the length as is.

Jimmymer

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Altitude, Ford Edge
I also need front flaps. I have 22 altitude/sport s with rubicon rock rails. Roblox seems overpriced, what will fit?
Thank you

Sponsored

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2021, Gladiator, Rubicon, Snazzberry, MANY others
Occupation
retired
Howdy All,

I have the Rock Blocks on my SxS, they work well and will FLEX when you hit stuff and go over things, on the SxS they look OK but from the photos you folks have posted I really don't like how they look on the Gladiator, just my personal opinion.

I am leaning towards the Weather Techs, those of you who have them do they have any FLEX or are they ridged, if they don't have any or much flex they will either break or mess up the stock parts they are secured too if they get caught between the frame or slider on your rig and whatever it is your going over or through.

I don't plan to do anything nastier then gravel and dirt roads but even they can have ruts or rocks that can tear stuff up if there is no flex in the mudflaps. Those of you who have the Weather Techs I would appreciate hearing from you concerning flex. Thanks.

Dave

BRMoose

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
PM
Hey mr cob,

saw the wolf avatar and knew it had to be youā€¦there is a certain starfish that hangs around from time to rime

15k on weather techs no issues, nothing gnalrly and they fit up nice and itā€™s an easy install

Dakota Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Gladiator Willys 3.0 Eco Diesel
Occupation
Pro Snipe Hunter
Put light gray Rokblokz on my Nacho EcoDiesel ( yes they get around the exhaust on the eco diesel!!). Only issue was that Rokblokz told me I didnā€™t need the front flaps to be pre-cut for the Willys rock railsā€¦that was categorically WRONG. I ended up having to modify them by hand versus having them laser cut at the factory. Not super, but I gave it the college try.

The instructional video from the vendor leaves a LOT TO BE DESIREDā€¦it left out parts that need to be installed and glossed over some nasty little surprises. Good thing there was some other, more complete videos on YouTube.

Overall, like them.
Jeep Gladiator Mud Flaps 929DC592-5D03-4328-B029-D4B0ECEFC11A
Jeep Gladiator Mud Flaps E76C4080-3B15-419F-8923-8B185A14039E

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
I have to say that Iā€™m amazed at how many pages there are in an off-road vehicle forum, dedicated to mudflaps. I always thought highway vehicles were more concerned with this than 4wdā€™ers.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have to say that Iā€™m amazed at how many pages there are in an off-road vehicle forum, dedicated to mudflaps. I always thought highway vehicles were more concerned with this than 4wdā€™ers.
But the Gladiator is a truck, so to say this is an off-road vehicle forum leaves out half of the Gladiator owners............ in my state, probably 80% of them.
It's a truck that's off-road capable (more than any other)

What I've found is "splash guards" protect the paint on the hinges, keep crud from being thrown up at the side windows by the front wheels, and keep the vehicle trade-in value much higher.
A/T tires can really toss rocks with some energy.......
Is there something wrong with trying to make it last a bit longer by some simple task or accesory?
So far, no one is amazed at the threads on undercarriage rust, or rust prevention, or paint protection, or protecting steel accessories from rust.
Isn't it all the same thing?
Just wondering.

Mine is a truck first - I haul stuff, I tow stuff.

Jeep Gladiator Mud Flaps 20210614_111855_HDR

Just over a thousand pounds of in that load - AND, it's off road!
Jeep Gladiator Mud Flaps 20210331_132206_HDR
Sponsored