Sponsored

Gladiator Rubicon Diesel Bottom Out issue

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
You are the only other person on here that I have heard mention JKS. By any chance is yours a diesel? Mine is and was wondering if they have gotten around to doing a lift specific for the diesel. Thanks
He had his lift done by Trail Jeeps in Golden, CO and they are big on JKS. Trail Jeeps Is a great shop but tend to recommend from a narrow range of products. I’ll repeat though, since I have no intention of throwing shade: Trail Jeeps is a great shop known for high quality work.

troopertrek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR; 20 VW Tiguan SEL R-Line; 06 Mustang GT
I am adding Rubi springs from a 2021 Rubi Gas with steel bumper from factory and front spring are 6363AA and 6362AA, so at least different numbers
Interesting… same springs as my 21 Rubicon Gas equipped with hard top & plastic bumper. Do you know if those came off a hard top?

I’ve been reading spring threads and am contemplating ordering the diesel 6377/6378 springs to compensate for the addition of steel Mopar bumper & winch. The hope is that it will remain at least as high, if not a bit higher than it sits now. Not interested in a significant lift for this truck, maybe some 3/4” spacers.

From what I can tell I don’t think anyone has swapped in the diesel springs into a gasser. I might have to be the guinea pig. Problem is I believe I read somewhere else someone identifying springs with the same part number (side to side) coming off a non rubi diesel. Just trying to determine which ones I should get and try.

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
It was a soft top with steel bumpers, maybe top doesn't matter in 2021 , who knows

Interesting… same springs as my 21 Rubicon Gas equipped with hard top & plastic bumper. Do you know if those came off a hard top?

I’ve been reading spring threads and am contemplating ordering the diesel 6377/6378 springs to compensate for the addition of steel Mopar bumper & winch. The hope is that it will remain at least as high, if not a bit higher than it sits now. Not interested in a significant lift for this truck, maybe some 3/4” spacers.

From what I can tell I don’t think anyone has swapped in the diesel springs into a gasser. I might have to be the guinea pig. Problem is I believe I read somewhere else someone identifying springs with the same part number (side to side) coming off a non rubi diesel. Just trying to determine which ones I should get and try.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Rubicon diesel
Hard Top
Steel Bumper
no lift
replaced the Stockers with 315s
1100miles.

I was wondering for a few weeks, “was that bottoming out?”. I definitely bottomed out today. Slow speed over railroad tracks. I thought my fillings were going to fall out.

So, don’t log an issue? Just wait?
Sponsored