Sponsored

Gladiator Rubicon Diesel Bottom Out issue

Rubiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I just called Jeep Wave and created a case for the “bottoming out” issue. This is unacceptable for the amount of money paid for this vehicle and the advertised functions that this vehicle can do. Please call and submit a case if you have the same issue. 844-533-7928. @jeepwave
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Front or back or both?

Crawl under and check your shocks, look for oil on them. While under there, note your spring part numbers, should be a paper tag with the info.
Go to each corner and give a sharp downward shove on the bumper and see if it recovers after one or two bounces. If not then a shock issue. Could also be incorrect springs.

It seems like they are guessing on the spring ratios on the diesels.

OP
OP
Rubiman

Rubiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Front or back or both?

Crawl under and check your shocks, look for oil on them. While under there, note your spring part numbers, should be a paper tag with the info.
Go to each corner and give a sharp downward shove on the bumper and see if it recovers after one or two bounces. If not then a shock issue. Could also be incorrect springs.

It seems like they are guessing on the spring ratios on the diesels.
Both. Here is the front driver.

63B566FD-E048-44C9-9F78-24272FEB916E.jpeg

MrFlinestone

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2016 JKUR
Are you all stock? I feel my JTRD was bottoming out more than it should, but I’ve added aftermarket bumper, skid plates and sliders that made it worse and I suspect I won’t get much traction since I’ve added a lot of weight to the truck.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
No results, typical MOPAR part # ends with double letters not single, also need the first 3 numbers.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Had that issue on mine but was lifting anyway so ignored. But yeah it was bad. I was bottoming out on dips just on road near shopping complexes here in Scottsdale. Seriously. Wasn’t hitting them any faster than other vehicles. FWIW significant body roll was also present up front before the upgrade as well.

EVO springs with fox 3” diameter adj shocks fixed the issue.

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Everyone should call Jeep Wave maybe time for a recall.
Recalls only happen when it's a safety issue, and they are always handled with the NHTSA. All that's likely is jeep will take the feedback in and revise the suspension for the diesels either mid year or mid cycle. If the shocks are leaking oil or something, then maybe that might be a recall.

OP
OP
Rubiman

Rubiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
No results, typical MOPAR part # ends with double letters not single, also need the first 3 numbers.
Recalls only happen when it's a safety issue, and they are always handles with the NHTSA. All that's likely is jeep will take the feedback in and revise the suspension for the diesels either mid year or mid cycle.
Revised suspension should be applied to existing owners. This is not a cheap vehicle by any means.

0151BE24-AE7A-451D-9151-F3E44EA24089.jpeg

OP
OP
Rubiman

Rubiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
It would be really interesting to see if a non-diesel is using the same part. Did they not factor in the weight difference?
Sponsored