First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch
Occupation
Retired
I’ve recently taken 2 trips across the Northern US. Driving west through South Dakota and Wyoming at 75-80 mph I encountered high head winds resulting in pushing my stock fender liners into the tires resulting in large portions of the liners getting chewed up by the tires. Anyone else experience this problem before and what is a good aftermarket liner that will fit a stock Rubicon fender???
Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Ace aluminum liners. They are pretty easy to install except the front bolt. They look nice but they seem to have a little less clearance than stock in a couple of spots. Overall happy with them.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Yes, mine have self clearanced, just trying to sort other problems first.

srchingon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
I was just going to post this same issue. Just drove from Sedona to San Diego last night. On certain dips in the road I would hear scrubbing. Turns out it was my drivers inner liner.
i used tape to get home.
I recently had the steering box replaced, thinking the service guy just bent the inner liner to get to the box causing a crease in the liner

OP
OP

Richard Rose

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I went with Ace aluminum liners. They are pretty easy to install except the front bolt. They look nice but they seem to have a little less clearance than stock in a couple of spots. Overall happy with them.
What kind of clearance issues are you having? Do you still have stock sized tires or have you changed to a heftier size? It appears to me that there’s plenty of room for debris to be thrown back into the engine compartment and transmission area using the ACE aluminum liners.

Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve recently taken 2 trips across the Northern US. Driving west through South Dakota and Wyoming at 75-80 mph I encountered high head winds resulting in pushing my stock fender liners into the tires resulting in large portions of the liners getting chewed up by the tires. Anyone else experience this problem before and what is a good aftermarket liner that will fit a stock Rubicon fender???
I had the same problem and went with American Adventure Lab because they didn’t require any cutting or drilling and I can easily remove them when it is time to replace the auxiliary battery again

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Also happened to me. Replaced with American Adventure labs. AS stated earlier, they are easy to install and easy to remove when access is needed to engine bay

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of clearance issues are you having? Do you still have stock sized tires or have you changed to a heftier size? It appears to me that there’s plenty of room for debris to be thrown back into the engine compartment and transmission area using the ACE aluminum liners.
I have 37x12.50r17 tires on stock rims on a Rusty’s 2” advanced lift plus a Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit up front. I’m running Synergy 1.75” wheel spacers. No debris issues in mud, rocks, etc. just a spot in the back that’s a little square part that juts out and the very front where if I’m disconnected and flexed out it touches.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I went artec aluminum, had to do a few nutserts but nothing too bad. I actually took the opportunity to nursert the rest of my fender attachment points. Other than the shock cut out these are pretty much dirt proof to the engine bay.

PXL_20220724_225652031.jpg

PXL_20220724_225707557.jpg

OP
OP

Richard Rose

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I have 37x12.50r17 tires on stock rims on a Rusty’s 2” advanced lift plus a Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit up front. I’m running Synergy 1.75” wheel spacers. No debris issues in mud, rocks, etc. just a spot in the back that’s a little square part that juts out and the very front where if I’m disconnected and flexed out it touches.
Thanks for sharing

Sponsored

OP
OP

Richard Rose

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I went artec aluminum, had to do a few nutserts but nothing too bad. I actually took the opportunity to nursert the rest of my fender attachment points. Other than the shock cut out these are pretty much dirt proof to the engine bay.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Rubicon Front Fender inner liners PXL_20220724_225707557

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Rubicon Front Fender inner liners PXL_20220724_225707557
Very Nice
Thank you for passing this along

OP
OP

Richard Rose

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I had the same problem and went with American Adventure Lab because they didn’t require any cutting or drilling and I can easily remove them when it is time to replace the auxiliary battery again
Thank you. I like not drilling and easy removal. Are they plastic or aluminum?

OP
OP

Richard Rose

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks again for taking the time to share. I looked into these. They are a little pricey but probably worth it. Looks like the Aluminum liners are layered over the bottom of the stock liners and there are screws in a few extra places other than the original anchors. I’m guessing you had to do some drilling for those extra screws. We’re they difficult to install. I know that once they’re installed they can be removed and replaced easily.

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks again for taking the time to share. I looked into these. They are a little pricey but probably worth it. Looks like the Aluminum liners are layered over the bottom of the stock liners and there are screws in a few extra places other than the original anchors. I’m guessing you had to do some drilling for those extra screws. We’re they difficult to install. I know that once they’re installed they can be removed and replaced easily.
No drilling I cut the original liners to just tuck in behind the metal liners American Adventure has a good you tube on this being installed on a Jl V8 hardest part was getting the factory liner cut the way I wanted but it can just be eliminated if you don’t mind having the underside of the fender open
Sponsored