GaryG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP JT Rubicon Bright White, 2008 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Order with the plastic bumpers and get either an aftermarket bumper or one of the take offs you can buy from the JLWranglerForums. I got mine with the LEDs for $900. The only extra thing you need are for RivNuts for the skid plate mounts. Everything else bolts right up. If you don't have LEDs for your Rubi, you will need an adapter or programmer to prevent your LEDs from flickering.

It took me about 30 minutes to install mine.
45576471585_3010288c22_b.jpg
How is your front license plate mounted?
Sponsored

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Still not in the system... I ordered mine today and we couldn't figure out why my build price was different, then we realized no bumper option still.

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Looks like the bumper issue is finally resolved. My order status (along with several others) changed to D today. I'm in production baby!

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone been able to place an order with the steel bumper yet?
Looks like I finally got a VIN today along with at least 5 other members who were on hold with that. Sounds like the bumper issue is resolved.

Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Looks like I finally got a VIN today along with at least 5 other members who were on hold with that. Sounds like the bumper issue is resolved.
Still waiting to hear back from my dealer on whether mine, which was ordered the morning of April 27 with steel bumper, has progressed from BG.

OP
OP

GladiatorJT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Reached out to Travis from Tri city today to double check the bumper availability and he said it’s still not available.

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
Yeah mine has moved into D1 at some point within the last week (my salesman checks on Tuesday mornings and sends me a text). Hopefully the it was the bumper issue and has been sorted. I'm really looking forward to doing summer vacation in it.

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Reached out to Travis from Tri city today to double check the bumper availability and he said it’s still not available.
Good to know, There were a bunch of orders that were placed when the bumper was available that were hung up. But sounds like they still may be a bit behind.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Both Gladiators ordered with steel bumpers on April 27 by a friend and I also just moved to D status and we received VINs.

Sponsored

AdamH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 23 Wagoneer, 83 Scrambler
I ordered a silver Rubicon yesterday at 11:15am EST and the front steel bumper was unavailable. I’ll pick one up later or go aftermarket. Not worth waiting on it for me.

OP
OP

GladiatorJT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I am assuming all orders placed with the steel bumpers in the beginning that was delayed is now being allocated first before new orders are allowed. To be honest, I really want to order the truck ASAP so I can drive it in decent weather but no point in rushing to get something that does not have exactly what I want. I originally changed the color choice just to get it earlier than the steel bumper wasn’t available, so it wasn’t meant to be. I’ll wait. Travis told me he is thinking it will be available by next allocation date which is 6/11/19, emphasis on “think”, no one knows for sure.