Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro RS, 2020 Sting Gray Gladiator
Ordered 5/18
Build 6/22
Sticker 6/24
Estimated delivery 6/29-7/13 (Also TriCity)
Well it looks like we have three spots taken on this delivery as mine will be going to Tri-City with the same delivery window!

Advertisement

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
Well it looks like we have three spots taken on this delivery as mine will be going to Tri-City with the same delivery window!
Wait for mine! It’s in JB now for the bed liner and tonneau cover.

Pghpp77

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport 2 door
You definetly can. It’s just a matter of having a smart salesman that knows what he/she is doing. I originally put an order in for a loaded Sport S Max Tow and he tried to tell me I couldn’t have the painted fenders AND the MSRP was coming in higher than on the Jeep build. I actually had to tell him the order in which to add on the options so the price was correct and so that the painted fenders were added. It’s weird how the system works that it won’t let you add them if certain items are selected first.

Glad to see your build is complete, now the JB status and shipping game starts!
I’m a bit pissed after reading this post. I ordered my Sport S two weeks ago and was told by the dealer that painted fenders were not available. I really want to have them but went with the order. Does anyone know if I can get that added on? I have the VIN but no build date yet.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a bit pissed after reading this post. I ordered my Sport S two weeks ago and was told by the dealer that painted fenders were not available. I really want to have them but went with the order. Does anyone know if I can get that added on? I have the VIN but no build date yet.
I’m sorry to hear that, this totally sucks! If you have the VIN the order can not be modified. Once the VIN is provided it’s locked into the system.

That’s not to say you’re out of options. The dealer could order you a new one, properly. They would still have yours built because they have no choice and would have to sell it on the lot. They could also swap out the painted fenders on another Gladiator with your black fenders.

If I were you, I would push the dealership HARD on that they fucked up and told you it wasn’t possible when in reality it’s totally possible. Put the responsibility back on them to figure out how to fix the issue. This isn’t your fault. Seriously, you build a Jeep so it’s exactly what you want and nothing you don’t so don’t settle for less especially when it’s because of an ignorant salesman.

Just to note again, part of this problem is the build system is stupid. Still the salesman should know it.

If they call bs then PM me and I’ll be happy to send you my original build sheet that was submitted for a loaded Sport S Max Tow WITH painted fenders.

Pghpp77

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m sorry to hear that, this totally sucks! If you have the VIN the order can not be modified. Once the VIN is provided it’s locked into the system.

That’s not to say you’re out of options. The dealer could order you a new one, properly. They would still have yours built because they have no choice and would have to sell it on the lot. They could also swap out the painted fenders on another Gladiator with your black fenders.

If I were you, I would push the dealership HARD on that they fucked up and told you it wasn’t possible when in reality it’s totally possible. Put the responsibility back on them to figure out how to fix the issue. This isn’t your fault. Seriously, you build a Jeep so it’s exactly what you want and nothing you don’t so don’t settle for less especially when it’s because of an ignorant salesman.

Just to note again, part of this problem is the build system is stupid. Still the salesman should know it.

If they call bs then PM me and I’ll be happy to send you my original build sheet that was submitted for a loaded Sport S Max Tow WITH painted fenders.
Thanks for the update. Not what I was hoping to hear. Since mine is a manual I’m guessing they don’t want that one on the lot. Maybe I can get them to do the fender swap.

Sponsored

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
Thanks for the update. Not what I was hoping to hear. Since mine is a manual I’m guessing they don’t want that one on the lot. Maybe I can get them to do the fender swap.
Maybe they will want it, maybe not. But they made the mistake. I wouldn’t concede that option unless you really don’t want to lose two weeks. Many manual orders are slated for the next couple weeks. If they’re building manuals in batches as they seem to be, you may be able to have the truck you want built in the same timeframe. I would try for reordering with the options you want.

CP4

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro RS, 2020 Sting Gray Gladiator

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 47DC79E7-981F-4C0F-AB44-19C9B33E0887

This is from my Window sticker if it helps prove to your sales person it can be done! I hope you can work something out with them to make things right.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Fender swap is probably your best bet. IF they charge you (which is reasonable) make sure it’s whatever price you paid for the other options and would have paid for the fenders. For instance if you got 7% below invoice on your Jeep then make sure the fender price they tack on is 7% below invoice. And for shits and giggles tell them it needs to be part of the VIN - so they need to go into the system and update your VIN with that code. I’m not sure that is the something that can be done for fenders but it is for other stuff like LED headlights or the lockers switch added after the fact. The dealers say their is an FCA fee for modifying the VIN (generally around $90-120), tell them it’s a small price for THEM to pay since you had to correct them on a simple part of their job.... ordering a damn Jeep!

Either way, report back as soon as you hear something.

Pghpp77

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fender swap is probably your best bet. IF they charge you (which is reasonable) make sure it’s whatever price you paid for the other options and would have paid for the fenders. For instance if you got 7% below invoice on your Jeep then make sure the fender price they tack on is 7% below invoice. And for shits and giggles tell them it needs to be part of the VIN - so they need to go into the system and update your VIN with that code. I’m not sure that is the something that can be done for fenders but it is for other stuff like LED headlights or the lockers switch added after the fact. The dealers say their is an FCA fee for modifying the VIN (generally around $90-120), tell them it’s a small price for THEM to pay since you had to correct them on a simple part of their job.... ordering a damn Jeep!

Either way, report back as soon as you hear something.
Thanks for all of the input guys, much appreciated. The GM for the dealer is back on Monday so I should hear something then. They have actually been great to this point which is why I ordered from them. Hopefully we come to a satisfactory agreement.

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
How long have you all been finding recent orders taking to go from JB to KZ for those who have the bed liner and tonneau cover?

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How long have you all been finding recent orders taking to go from JB to KZ for those who have the bed liner and tonneau cover?
5 long days for me, 6/11 - 6/16. I had the hard Tri-fold and bed liner.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Update on my delivery. I was just told that it left Louisville, KY early this morning. Which means since it left Toledo on 6/17 it only made it that far and has been sitting for probably about 10 days. No idea if it has to sit anywhere else but realistically I’m probably now looking at another week.

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
Update on my delivery. I was just told that it left Louisville, KY early this morning. Which means since it left Toledo on 6/17 it only made it that far and has been sitting for probably about 10 days. No idea if it has to sit anywhere else but realistically I’m probably now looking at another week.
I know when I ordered my JL, at the time there was a forum that could give better info on the transit steps. My train went to a few places in Ohio and Michigan before making the trek to N.C. The trains also don’t seem to go very fast.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I know when I ordered my JL, at the time there was a forum that could give better info on the transit steps. My train went to a few places in Ohio and Michigan before making the trek to N.C. The trains also don’t seem to go very fast.
Mine must've traveled to CA and back! The dealer just told me the revised ETA for the truck to hit the rail car ramp is 9:09PM on July 3rd. So realistically (assuming this timeline holds, which it sounds like it won't) I'm not pick up my truck until at least Sunday July 5th.

3 Weeks to get here (Central FL). God this is annoying considering how fast other jeeps are arriving to the east coast.

Advertisement

Advertisement