The final dates:

Ordered/VON 4/26.
VIN 5/2.
Build scheduled for 6/18, then 6/17.
In production 6/17.
Completed 6/18.
Arrived at dealer and at home 6/22.

8 weeks total cycle time
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking PSX_20220622_230441

Advertisement

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The final dates:

Ordered/VON 4/26.
VIN 5/2.
Build scheduled for 6/18, then 6/17.
In production 6/17.
Completed 6/18.
Arrived at dealer and at home 6/22.

8 weeks total cycle time
I'm at 7 weeks and 2 days now. (May 02 order date/VON
Still says the build is scheduled, but no date - everything still TBD.
Assuming (and that's dangerous as we know) that mine follows some of these date schemes even sort of closely, maybe I'll hear something about Jeep buying the aluminum for the doors and cutting stock for the frame sometime next week.
But that's not bad timing - especially after Toyota saying they are cutting production again due to electronics parts shortages and troubles getting supplies.

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Whoa thats nuts! Do you live close to the factory?
Yes. Metro Detroit; the ordering dealership was a couple hours from Toledo, and they are a high volume chain. Jeep Order Status website doesn't even show shipped yet!

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Thats awesome. I wonder if your dealership even knew it was coming
Yeah, they are right on top of the Jeeps. They were delivering a beautiful Gobi Gladiator at the same time as mine that had also come in that morning.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Got a call from my dealer sales guy - mine was supposed to have a "ship date" of 06/23 - which we know is really the date is starts the build process.
He called and said they've kicked that date back to the 27th now.
Instead of being worked on today, it will be worked on next week......... another delay.
No movement at all other than to push it off a few days, still all "TBD".

Apparently they are seeing a lot of that with their current orders.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 1655996476706

BajaTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave - 2003 TJ Rubicon -2008 JKU Rubicon
Yeah, mine just moved up to Scheduled, but no Ship date. Everything is TBD also.

Edit: Dealer just gave me the tentative “Ship” (Build or Blend) date of 7/20. Hope it stays on course.

965643D1-9195-43CD-A444-381732BD361A.jpeg

Edit Edit: My CG pic just changed to a JEEP logo, so something’s happening! What, I have no idea. 😂

33293DAE-AEAD-4B2C-B6AB-CBA049D2B202.jpeg

Last edited:

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Yeah, mine just moved up to Scheduled, but no Ship date. Everything is TBD also.

Edit: Dealer just gave me the tentative “Ship” (Build or Blend) date of 7/20. Hope it stays on course.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 33293DAE-AEAD-4B2C-B6AB-CBA049D2B202
The pics of the Gobi online don't nearly do it justice. The one getting delivered next to mine was fantastic looking in the late afternoon sun yesterday. I loved the color on my JKU.

Sponsored

BajaTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The pics of the Gobi online don't nearly do it justice. The one getting delivered next to mine was fantastic looking in the late afternoon sun yesterday. I loved the color on my JKU.
Agreed. That color in the pic is yellowed. It’s awful. I kept having to remind myself of that and keep looking at actual photos of the color before I ordered. My Go-To is black so this is a big departure for me.

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Willys Sport (sold), '22 JT Willys Sport
Occupation
Teacher
Got a call from my dealer sales guy - mine was supposed to have a "ship date" of 06/23 - which we know is really the date is starts the build process.
He called and said they've kicked that date back to the 27th now.
Instead of being worked on today, it will be worked on next week......... another delay.
No movement at all other than to push it off a few days, still all "TBD".

Apparently they are seeing a lot of that with their current orders.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 33293DAE-AEAD-4B2C-B6AB-CBA049D2B202
I was "in production" on May 12 with an estimated June 14 delivery date. That got bumped back to "TBD". Today I have "Build Sheet Found". That's a huge step in the right direction. We all know that YMMV a lot on orders, but wanted to share a frame of reference for others near my order window.

dshepard

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Honda Pilot, 64 Ford Galaxie 500 XL 390
Occupation
Engineer

965643D1-9195-43CD-A444-381732BD361A.jpeg

Edit Edit: My CG pic just changed to a JEEP logo, so something’s happening! What, I have no idea. 😂

33293DAE-AEAD-4B2C-B6AB-CBA049D2B202.jpeg
I just checked mine as well and mine has moved to scheduled. My order confirmed date was 6/1/2022. Mine is a White Mojave.

BajaTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just checked mine as well and mine has moved to scheduled. My order confirmed date was 6/1/2022. Mine is a White Mojave.
Moving along nicely!

Chumley

First Name
John K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Mini Clubman JCW
Occupation
Retired
Man, these special orders are all over the place.

I originally ordered my Firecracker Red Rubicon on January 30th. It showed up 16 weeks later but it was damaged and dealer didn't think I'd be happy with a repair - he was likely right.

So we ordered another one on May 30th and have only gotten as far as "Order Confirmed" right now. I was rather optimistically told that Gladiators were being delivered more quickly now and they got one in 6 weeks. Well that ain't happening now... I was also told that they would talk to the district manager and see if he could do anything in light of the transit damage. I can never get a response.

I told the dealer I really don't want a 2022 model delivered in September/October when it should be a 2023 model, you basically lose a year's worth of resale value right there. That I find disturbing plus my loan rate is going only up. From 2.29% to what I don't know. I was told that I would get favorable pricing due to the issues but no one will commit and the two salesmen I was working with (one was a sales manager) are now gone... Yeah, I'm worried...

The first time I ordered I don't remember there being this much confusion by everyone, from the customers to the dealers. Something must be going on.

The silver lining is we ordered the Gobi color that wasn't available when we originally ordered in January.

About 20 weeks and waiting...

BTW: I just ordered a European car and they gave me two options on my order: order a model without one of the options I wanted and they build in July and I get an October delivery, order as I really want and they put the car in August production and I get it in mid-November. They sure seem to have the order timing down to an art at this manufacturer, and that includes a Transatlantic and transcontinental trip... This is not a BMW - they said one to one and a half years...

Advertisement

Advertisement