Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Man, these special orders are all over the place.

I originally ordered my Firecracker Red Rubicon on January 30th. It showed up 16 weeks later but it was damaged and dealer didn't think I'd be happy with a repair - he was likely right.

So we ordered another one on May 30th and have only gotten as far as "Order Confirmed" right now. I was rather optimistically told that Gladiators were being delivered more quickly now and they got one in 6 weeks. Well that ain't happening now... I was also told that they would talk to the district manager and see if he could do anything in light of the transit damage. I can never get a response.

I told the dealer I really don't want a 2022 model delivered in September/October when it should be a 2023 model, you basically lose a year's worth of resale value right there. That I find disturbing plus my loan rate is going only up. From 2.29% to what I don't know. I was told that I would get favorable pricing due to the issues but no one will commit and the two salesmen I was working with (one was a sales manager) are now gone... Yeah, I'm worried...

The first time I ordered I don't remember there being this much confusion by everyone, from the customers to the dealers. Something must be going on.

The silver lining is we ordered the Gobi color that wasn't available when we originally ordered in January.

About 20 weeks and waiting...

BTW: I just ordered a European car and they gave me two options on my order: order a model without one of the options I wanted and they build in July and I get an October delivery, order as I really want and they put the car in August production and I get it in mid-November. They sure seem to have the order timing down to an art at this manufacturer, and that includes a Transatlantic and transcontinental trip... This is not a BMW - they said one to one and a half years...
Toyota announced a production cut due to lack of semiconductors and supply chain issues otherwise. No surprise, there.

My dealer called yesterday and said my build date has been moved from June 23rd to June 27th.
He said there was no shipping date that he could find or that was in the message he received about my order.
This AM mine still said TBD for everything.
A couple of hours ago I saw this - Like, huh? WT.............. so production moved from 23rd to 27th, and yet this as of about 5 pm today shows this?

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking Screenshot 2022-06-24 174711

Advertisement

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 65707572-1D5C-42C3-9CE8-29D0CEA35ECE
Mines been here for 10 days now. Dealer says they arenā€™t showing anything for a delivery date. Iā€™m not holding my breath but I guess I think it might of been built at leastšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
What is interesting is that yours was in production the 10th, built on the 14th, and estimated delivery the 30th. Mine is in production the 23rd, likely will be "built" the 27 like the dealer said, but my estimated delivery would be a month out.
And based on the info my dealer gets compared to this site - I think this site is still in beta, not really anything to go by, maybe just to get customers to quit bugging chat and their dealers. Show 'em something, anything, just get them to shut up LOL

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
I can tell you from firsthand experience that the factory isn't always forthcoming on updating the vehicle status. We're at their mercy just as you are. We've had vehicles delivered and their status wasn't updated to outgate until after we took delivery! I hope you all get your Gladiators quickly.

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
I can tell you from firsthand experience that the factory isn't always forthcoming on updating the vehicle status. We're at their mercy just as you are. We've had vehicles delivered and their status wasn't updated to outgate until after we took delivery! I hope you all get your Gladiators quickly.
Yeah, mine had been home for over a day while in "Built" status. I think it went directly to "Delivered", skipping "Shipped" entirely.

Sponsored

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Yeah, mine had been home for over a day while in "Built" status. I think it went directly to "Delivered", skipping "Shipped" entirely.
The last email I got from the Jeep Vehicle Order Tracking was 6/17 when it said it was built and estimated delivery would be 6/27. It was delivered 6/22 but they haven't email me about it yet.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I can believe it.............

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
What is interesting is that yours was in production the 10th, built on the 14th, and estimated delivery the 30th. Mine is in production the 23rd, likely will be "built" the 27 like the dealer said, but my estimated delivery would be a month out.
And based on the info my dealer gets compared to this site - I think this site is still in beta, not really anything to go by, maybe just to get customers to quit bugging chat and their dealers. Show 'em something, anything, just get them to shut up LOL
The first estimated delivery date was July 7 and then it was changed to June 30. I checked with the dealer about it one time since I ordered, (when I saw the ship date change) they told me 15 weeks when I ordered which would be August 4th so if it comes before then itā€˜s a bonus

Sponsored

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 grand cherokee
My gladiator finally came in this past weekend I ordered it october 23rd but I had already given up on it and three months ago I bought a rubicon gladiator so if anyone is looking for a sport s diesel in sting grey I know where one is at that is fresh from the factory.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Finally! Dealer just texted me this picture. Oddly enough the tracker never updated and everything still says Vehicle Built with everything TBD.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking unnamed
Dang that Highlighter is bright!šŸ˜‚

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Getting so frustrated with this whole process. Truck has been built since 4/26, was in shippable (KZ?) status since 5/27 according to the dealer and everything still says TBD. Called Jeep and they have no idea where it is. Dealer says it's just sitting in the rail yard and are trying to send a truck themselves to pick it up, but Jeep is saying it's not available to pick up. Meanwhile, dealers in the area are getting deliveries on normal stock
Well, I ordered a JTR 2/21, built in April, sat at Toledo for six weeks, put on the rail, is stuck at railhead in Vaughn, New Mexico about 150 miles east. No trucks or drivers. Scheduled to arrive July 11, but originally July 1. Welcome to the waiting club.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
I'm at 7 weeks and 2 days now. (May 02 order date/VON
Still says the build is scheduled, but no date - everything still TBD.
Assuming (and that's dangerous as we know) that mine follows some of these date schemes even sort of closely, maybe I'll hear something about Jeep buying the aluminum for the doors and cutting stock for the frame sometime next week.
But that's not bad timing - especially after Toyota saying they are cutting production again due to electronics parts shortages and troubles getting supplies.
Sounds like you're on the same slow coach that I've been on. Going on five months.

Advertisement

Advertisement